Can we get Nico Okarr at all?

HumbleJedi

I just have one question....why is that stupid companion so important when you can get 30 companions? He isn't even that great. Honestly, I use him on planet 1, and then when I get my first companion, he is stabled.

With that said, honestly, nowadays, I could care less if they put him on the CM. Put him on for like 1000cc, if people want him that bad, it will be income for the game.

I only use him as a crafting mule. My first planet companion of choice is still HK-51. So I say, let them eat cake, erm, I mean, have access to old Nico hitting the jackpot.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While idgaf about the companions, party javas and every other exclusive sub reward, i'm mildly irritated about game content being exclusive( talking about the bonus chapter). While in this case it's not a big deal since it's only a story and i can just watch it on youtube, i still think it's a very bad precedent and i really hope that's the last time they do something so idiotic.

I play as my characters- I don't want to play as HK-55 so it's not really a precedent, just a third person adventure with a character I couldn't care less about. Some people may love the character and feel gypped but it's like playing the third person sections on KOTOR II- it's extra content that could just be a few cutscenes explaining why you get this character back, they've just dressed it up to make subbing for all those months look better.

I'm doing the LS VS DS event- when we're through, we'll get the winning companion for our participation up to a certain tier and anyone who wants them after the event will be out of luck. It like third person chapter is a gimmick perk- it has no real value outside what the person wanting/receiving it assigns.

I play as my characters- I don't want to play as HK-55 so it's not really a precedent, just a third person adventure with a character I couldn't care less about. Some people may love the character and feel gypped but it's like playing the third person sections on KOTOR II- it's extra content that could just be a few cutscenes explaining why you get this character back, they've just dressed it up to make subbing for all those months look better.

I'm doing the LS VS DS event- when we're through, we'll get the winning companion for our participation up to a certain tier and anyone who wants them after the event will be out of luck. It like third person chapter is a gimmick perk- it has no real value outside what the person wanting/receiving it assigns.

Yes, this chapter you play with HK-55( if you were sub at jan. 1) Next time they can create new operation or pvp map or gsf pve arc and say - this is exclusive reward for everyone who is subbed at x.y.z - would you feel ok if you missed that? All I'm saying that creating game content as exclusive reward is a bad precedent which could be used to justify the hypothetical situation i described.

Yes, this chapter you play with HK-55( if you were sub at jan. 1) Next time they can create new operation or pvp map or gsf pve arc and say - this is exclusive reward for everyone who is subbed at x.y.z - would you feel ok if you missed that? All I'm saying that creating game content as exclusive reward is a bad precedent which could be used to justify the hypothetical situation i described.

I am not getting the new companion from the event (my choice) as I am not running those things again. I started one but just couldn't go through it all again so its okay .

But I at the point now I don't care what they do with the companions if it will stop all the posts regarding the companions.

I am not getting the new companion from the event (my choice) as I am not running those things again. I started one but just couldn't go through it all again so its okay .

But I at the point now I don't care what they do with the companions if it will stop all the posts regarding the companions.

Huh? My post had nothing to do with companions.

I'd be fine with it. If it was something that I wanted, I'd make sure I met the requirements.

Of course, they would not do that with Ops or WZs. But the point stands that if you want something, simply make sure you know what to do and don't miss it.

I'd be fine with it. If it was something that I wanted, I'd make sure I met the requirements.

Of course, they would not do that with Ops or WZs.

Ok, how about new class then.

But the point stands that if you want something, simply make sure you know what to do and don't miss it.

No that point doesn't stand. There is real life, there are new players that will probably come to the game with the new movie. Exclusive rewards are fine as long as they don't go too far. If i was a new player coming to this game for the story and i saw that part of the story is not available to me because i heard about this game 10 months later than the promotion end date I'd totally just say screw you BW and never come back.

/5char

Of course, they would not do that with Ops or WZs. But the point stands that if you want something, simply make sure you know what to do and don't miss it.

Yep.

It's a crazy concept to waste developmental time on group content to add/buff up existing content and then gate it on something a portion who aren't even guaranteed to play this game until it dies, thus reducing the amount of people who can group for that content thus rendering it useless. It's a pointless argument compared to a companion or solo third person adventure never used by anyone but the individual.

Yep.

It's a crazy concept to waste developmental time on group content to add/buff up existing content and then gate it on something a portion who aren't even guaranteed to play this game until it dies, thus reducing the amount of people who can group for that content thus rendering it useless. It's a pointless argument compared to a companion or solo third person adventure never used by anyone but the individual.

Most likely this 'bonus' chapter will be about 5-10 minutes of HK-55 killing zakulian knights. At which point most people will be like, can I just have another HK-55 poster decoration for my stronghold in a different color instead?

Most likely this 'bonus' chapter will be about 5-10 minutes of HK-55 killing zakulian knights. At which point most people will be like, can I just have another HK-55 poster decoration for my stronghold in a different color instead?

ROFl. you are probably exactly right :p

but seriously. IMO the only time limited rewards should be either discounts (like Nar Shadaa stronghold) or pure fluff like outfits/crystal colors, decorations or mounts.

story of any kind should NOT be locked away behind rarity and/or time exclusivity. you'd think they would have learned that with those cubes that gave shroud background, but nope.. they just made it worse.

and yes, I'm sayign this as someone who qualified for both Nico and HK AND got all the cubes back when they were plentiful and as such - dirt cheap on GTN

Edited by Jeweledleah

It's a pointless argument compared to a companion or solo third person adventure never used by anyone but the individual.

That "solo third person adventure never used by anyone but the individual" is a continuation of the microbinoculars arc. You may think it's junk, but there are a lot of threads requiring solo operations so that persons can finish the "Oricon arc" to make me sure that this will be the case with this chapter too.

Let me make myself clear. I don't care about the chapter - i care about the precedent of gating game content behind an exclusive subscriber reward.

Probably. I don't give a flip about either one of them. The poster will sit in my mailbox until the game shuts down. I'll play the chapter just because it is there. But, it's just a bit of fluffy fan-service for those of us who supported them through this little experiment. It won't be anything important, obviously.

/5char

None of that changes anything. Sometimes we just miss things. They won't let it happen with anything that actually matters to the story. We're talking about a generic companion. The only reason to have him is to get to your first companion quicker. And there are other ways to get that done. Nico is not relevant to the game in any way.

So, unless and until they gate something relevant behind subbing on a certain date, your argument holds no water. Maybe I can find a way to send you a tiny cup to collect all the tears you're crying over nothing.

None of that changes anything. Sometimes we just miss things. They won't let it happen with anything that actually matters to the story. We're talking about a generic companion. The only reason to have him is to get to your first companion quicker. And there are other ways to get that done. Nico is not relevant to the game in any way.

So, unless and until they gate something relevant behind subbing on a certain date, your argument holds no water. Maybe I can find a way to send you a tiny cup to collect all the tears you're crying over nothing.

What companion are you talking about? It seems you didn't even read my post before commenting.

Did you even read the title of this thread? :t_rolleyes:

Yes I did. My post was about the general topic of what should be the limits of exclusive subscriber rewards. Yes, it was slightly off topic, but i still expect people to read before quoting someone.

Yes I did. My post was about the general topic of what should be the limits of exclusive subscriber rewards. Yes, it was slightly off topic, but i still expect people to read before quoting someone.

My reply covered what you wrote and I framed it in the context of the thread ( since some people have trouble staying on topic). But, my previous posts can be taken into consideration, as well, if it's too hard for you to get the point from the comment in question.

Huh? My post had nothing to do with companions.

The OP who started this was talking about Nico, which is a companion. This topic is about getting companions. You may have brought up something else but the basis of this topic was about Nico, a companion.

Therefore, my reply was based on what the topic was about and about how many topics there are regarding getting a companion they missed.

Edited by casirabit

I've been subbed for almost 5 years straight, and I don't care if they put him on the CM so people can get him. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I'm with you. Heck I think any/all bonus companions should be direct from the CM. This includes every companion from the packs. None of these things mean anything, they have no story elements that mean anything. Hell after the point HK55 gets destroyed he is never used again in the main story, and I expect him to be ignored in the next 'book' of chapters too unless they give him back to everyone.

Special things should be kept to things like armor/weapons/crystals/mini pets and such (his duster is actually just a recolored CM trenchcoat even so it was nothing special).

OMG...are you actually trying to compare a companion to actual group content or an Operation....seriously?

That "solo third person adventure never used by anyone but the individual" is a continuation of the microbinoculars arc. You may think it's junk, but there are a lot of threads requiring solo operations so that persons can finish the "Oricon arc" to make me sure that this will be the case with this chapter too.

Let me make myself clear. I don't care about the chapter - i care about the precedent of gating game content behind an exclusive subscriber reward.

That is never going to change. You can either make the choice to deal with it, or if you feel that strongly, move on.

Seasonal/limited rewards. I understand why developers do it, but nevertheless I hate them, even more when there is no alternative ways to acquire them. MMOs are supposedly timeless but those give the bad feeling of being too late at the party.

Exactly. His only advantage is you can use him at level 1... which in today's game lasts about 20-30 minutes before you are at level 10 and have your first story companion.

And given companions are all essentially the same in terms of skills and contribution... he's not really unique other then his skin and dialogs which are ... meh.. IMO.

But you know human nature... people always want what they cannot have, or that someone else has. And humans being clever creatures... they will invent all manner of reasons and pretense for why they feel they deserve Nico.

He's useful for a crafter all the way up until Voss for some classes, and that's being generous and assuming they have Treek and HK. He provides a huge mechanical gameplay advantage and should be nerfed.

He's useful for a crafter all the way up until Voss for some classes, and that's being generous and assuming they have Treek and HK. He provides a huge mechanical gameplay advantage and should be nerfed.

Why, exactly? What material advantage does this give a player? They can make credits? Who cares? That doesn't help them complete Ops, or give them any advantage in PvP. It might make it easier to level crafting skills, but how does that negatively impact other players?

Why, exactly? What material advantage does this give a player? They can make credits? Who cares? That doesn't help them complete Ops, or give them any advantage in PvP. It might make it easier to level crafting skills, but how does that negatively impact other players?

The game wasn't material, it was mechanical, and it doesn't have to affect other players directly to have a unfair advantage over them. Having a extra crafter is incredibly beneficial if utilized correctly, whether you wish to spin it one way or another.