The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kit Fisto vs Darth Nox

PurpleDelirium

Not often, those two factors will [always] make a difference unless some kind of circumstances are involved that put the wielder in trouble.

Look at the example of Revan; he does not have much hype in the matter of his skills with a Lightsaber but he will soundly defeat many master swordsmen [1 on 1]. Revan's precognitive abilities and senses are excellent; he is able to predict dueling moves of an opponent with perfect clarity before they materialize and capitalize on the situation.

As apparent from the example of fate of Lord Skar, you know that skills with a Lightsaber become irrelevant in a confrontation with Darth Nox.

While that is true, are you saying that Nox has greater precog than Revan? I know that this is just an example of yours but unless you are claiming that Nox has Revan level precog then this example is poor as, afaik, Revan has greater precog than Nox meaning while Nox might be able to predict Fisto's moves on some level, it likely won't be to the level Revan could. Another factor that will make Fisto hard to predict is his fighting style as Fisto's form has been noted as wild, random and unpredictable. Also, while beating Lord Skar is certainly a great feat can you argue that Lord Skar is on Fisto's level? Lord Skar may be a fantastic swordsman, but is he really on the level of one of the best swordsman in the PT era, the Golden era of the Jedi, one of the best swordsman in galactic history, who turned a basic form into a wild and deadly fighting style?

You expect Kit Fisto to outduel [any] wielder of double-bladed Lightsaber? Yes, Fisto specializes in Form I and might pose a threat to Darth Nox in a strict Lightsaber duel but I have provided ample evidence that skills with a Lightsaber become irrelevant in this contest because Darth Nox knows how to nullify such an advantage.

First of all you are putting words in my mouth, I never claimed that Fisto could or would outduel any dual bladed lightsaber practioner. Second, while Nox can compensate for the advantage Fisto holds over multiple blades still exists giving Fisto an edge no matter how negligible, however I do think Fisto can get in range due to his speed and reaction feats which I will address below.

Dodging Force powers is not as easy as you are implying it to be. Masters of the Force are able to unleash Force powers with a mere thought. Even the greatest and most agile Jedi are unable to evade Force powers from a master of the Force in a battle. Darth Nox can conjure a maelstrom of Force Lightning so I don't see the possibility of Fisto evading it or even containing it with a Lightsaber.

I'll concede on Fisto absorbing large amounts of lightning or other force powers with his lightsaber, however I still feel that he could absorb short blasts it, as demonstrated by AotC Kenobi against Dooku. Obviously Fisto is above the level of AotC Kenobi and Dooku's short burst of lightning was absorbed fine by Kenobi.

As far as dodging force assaults goes however I think Fisto could at least evade a few assaults, my main reason being his feat of reacting and blocking a lightsaber blow coming from RotS Sidious. By RotS Sidious is canonically the most powerful Sith in galactic history, so already we know RotS Sidious > Nox. We also know that RotS Sidious moves so fast that Anakin, during Windu and Sidious' fight, could only see them as blurs that seemed to be fading in and out of existance. This is Anakin, the guy who in the same novel, reacted to ships that were going at speeds of "a respectable fraction of lightspeed". So Fisto actually managed to block a strike from RotS Sidious who was moving at near light speed. If Fisto can do that and he has speed feats that place him as one one of the fastest Jedi in the order, what is stopping him from evading a force assault?

Besides, what is stopping Darth Nox from putting Fisto in a choke-hold and then bombard him to death or shatter his bones?

I'm guessing you mean using a force choke on Fisto as to do a choke hold would require him to be at melee range :p. Well, firstly I will concede that if Nox gets him in a choke it is over for Fisto, however that is assuming Nox has the opportunity to do so. In the video you linked, Nox vs Thanaton, Nox had been dominating Thanaton throughout the fight, likely weakening him and wearing him down. Now I doubt Nox will be able to do that against a fresh Fisto but if the fight does begin to tire him, Nox could do that. Also, I doubt you'd argue this but just in case, Nox very likely couldn't do that against a fresh Thanaton otherwise he would have. Would have been a cool moment though :D.

Besides, Darth Nox can use his powers to prevent even a super-strong Force-user to attack him with a Lightsaber

As with before, while it may be possible later in the fight, I highly doubt Nox can do that to a fresh Fisto, as again Nox did that at the very end of the fight.

Of-course, a Jedi Master is not expected to be weak in the Force. A weak Jedi wouldn't become a Master in the first place. But Fisto is a joke in comparison to the likes of Darth Nox in this department.

I will concede that Fisto is unable to match Nox as far as raw force power and command of said power, however Fisto will likely focus his power into augmenting his physical properties rather than participating in a force fight.

Darth Thanaton comes close to General Grievous? You've got to be kidding me. Darth Thanaton would reduce the likes of Grievous to spare parts in a matter of seconds. Grievous should not be expected to be a match for a Sith (Lord), let alone the elites among the Lords.

I think you're underestimating Grievous here, he has stomped groups of Jedi before, avoided force attacks, began to overwhelm Kenobi's perfect soresu defense, has matched Mace Windu in a lightsaber duel to the point that Windu BFR'd him, he has made Dooku feel as if he was being pressured in a spar and he is able to move at monstrous speeds. In addition, he has been noted as one of the most infamous Jedi killers in galactic history and he is at least an expert (if not a master) in all 7 classical forms of lightsaber combat.

Feel free to tear this apart because it's probably full of mistakes. :o

Edited by PadsterPwns

As far as mindset goes Kit can be cocky at times, as noted by Rhyltran, which is something Nox could take advantage of, however it could also work for Fisto if it unnerves Nox, although I think that is unlikely.

Based on what? I just found this:

Throughout his life, he strives to maintain a low profile as he struggles with a lack of self-confidence.

—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Campaign Guide

Based on what? I just found this:

Throughout his life, he strives to maintain a low profile as he struggles with a lack of self-confidence.

—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Campaign Guide

Damn, I need to do some more reading up on Fisto, can't believe I missed that. Though this does back up my point about Kit's statement before going to arrest Palpatine. Thanks for pointing this out.

just a question since u guys make VS threads againist amazing duelists/skilled with the force users from the movies wouldnt be better make the version of Nox who weilds dualsaber he is better duelist and still use impressive force powers for either enchance his attacks or attack straight with em like the 1hand version

Good point, and that would probably be a more closer match.

As pointed out by Zoltan, Kit actually struggles with a lack of self-confidence, which is further backed up by Kit's uncertainty and nervousness before going to arrest Palpatine. So my mind has changed on Kit's mentality, I don't think Nox could exploit it.

I disagree. People who display over-self confidence usually are insecure. It's normally known as over-compensation. Some people try to psyche themselves up in competitive tournaments and talk/act the way they do in order to convince themselves that they're not really afraid. This leads to the most mishaps.

It's a lot of fear to deal with especially against an opponent who can exploit that. Fear that your opponent might see through you, fear that you might slip up, and fear that something will go wrong. This explains his demeanor in battle quite a bit.

just a question since u guys make VS threads againist amazing duelists/skilled with the force users from the movies wouldnt be better make the version of Nox who weilds dualsaber he is better duelist and still use impressive force powers for either enchance his attacks or attack straight with em like the 1hand version

I don't think giving him the dual saber really changes his capabilities. Teneb Kel (Darth Thanaton or w/e people like to call him) used a saber staff and primarily functioned solely as a sorcerer. He really only used the dual saber for defense. But from what I've seen his dual saber was much like Exar Kun's, as in it was only for one handed use only. So maybe that wouldn't apply to Nox.

Either way, I always assumed for Nox that envisioning him with the saber staff still allowed him to be within the parameters of the fan consensus canon shown on wookiepedia (which isn't really any kind of canon at all), so therefore still a Sith Sorcerer primarily. I could be wrong though

Edited by PurpleDelirium

I disagree. People who display over-self confidence usually are insecure. It's normally known as over-compensation. Some people try to psyche themselves up in competitive tournaments and talk/act the way they do in order to convince themselves that they're not really afraid. This leads to the most mishaps.

It's a lot of fear to deal with especially against an opponent who can exploit that. Fear that your opponent might see through you, fear that you might slip up, and fear that something will go wrong. This explains his demeanor in battle quite a bit.

Which opponents has Fisto been over-confident against? He handled Grievous easily giving him reason to don his usual demeanor, also note he only began to monologue after he had taken a blade from Grievous, whereas prior to that he had used his surroundings to benefit himself. Before going to face Palpatine he expressed he his discomfort and was scolded by Saesee Tiin for it and against Palpatine he was in a state of panic due to two of his comrades being cut down in a blink, following this Palpatine was moving so fast that he could only block one strike then he himself was cut down. The only other major opponent Fisto faced alone was Ventress and he wasn't over-confident against her, if anything he was overly aggressive which Fisto notes as a risk of Form 1 specialization, and even though he lost there are many factors for this including a form disadvantage and that Ventress had seen Fisto fighting literally right before the fight giving her a chance to analyse his fighting style. When Fisto smiles it is almost always when a fight is going his way.