Saber Ward needs a buff in 4.x

Trogusaurus

Let's stop dancing around (literally) with all these pvp/ movement related changes and focus on this mediocre defensive on the longest cooldown available any basic ability for a second.

I may be in the minority here but recently I've felt the devs have done a fairly good job at handling the class's issues with our kiting nemesis. That being said, as a class without a reliable hard self-heal we depend more heavily on extending a fight via defensives, and our main ones have horrendously long cooldowns when compared to other classes, the worst offender inexplicably being Saber Ward. While other passives in our repertoire boast faster CD, it is to account for either a shorter overall uptime or weaker mitigation. To compound this, optimally none of your abilities should be used in conjunction with one another (aside from Pacify/Obfuscate or SW with Trans/Pred) in order to prevent limiting usefulness.

Now that we have two utilities tied to a defensive with incredibly limited application, it would make some sense to free it up a bit more frequently, wouldn't it? A slightly-above mediocrity mitigation ability simply should not have a 6.7% uptime. Sure, adjusting a basic class ability has implications on the guardian trees as well, but that can be adjusted for. IMO there is no reason for this ability to have as long a cooldown as it does with the current state of meta pvp and operations. /endrant.

Simple: Make saber ward give 50% DEFENSE RATING instead of melee & ranged defenses...

You could even remove the 25% damage mitigation then (who knows, give it to the cry baby shadows they always seem to have something to complain about) and saber ward would be so much stronger.

Especially for guardian tanks...

The best part is the 3 min cooldown would be a lot more easier to justify and you're still under the mercy of luck. You wouldn't need a garbage utility like stun immunity then, and again... shadows wont cry so much becuase they keep their... ... 'precious'.

Edited by Bonzenaattori

I would take either of those over what we currently have. Preferably a shorter CD as our plain mitigation is actually really good (as it should be for a class with no hard self-heal). Anything outside Ranked pvp is grossly unbalanced in terms of mitigation/healing uptime compared to the likes of guardians, sages and the like.

That's my idea for a Saber Ward buff: "When you take damage the active cooldown of Saber Ward is reduced by 3 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds." it could be help us to have more often our Saber Ward.

I don't like the idea of a non ICD for Blood Ward because with no ICD we could heal to full if we are focused, it could be like the Enraged Defense of Juggernaut, in my opinion it could be to overpowered for Marauder, mainly in 1 vs 1 situation. Maybe we could up the health gained to 4% of our maximum health.

Edited by La_Frite