(Spoilers) How did lord Paladius

darthisraphel

Before that cutscene ends he lectures the SI that there are countless dark side rituals and artefacts that they are ignorant about having only recently entered the sith order. He probably stumbled on one of these somewhere in his career. He didn't have any apprentices though, and sith lords rarely share their secrets with the order at large, so whatever it was, its probably lost now.

I don't think it left any lasting effects, but still, managing to fend off and defeat a far more experienced sith while their connection to the force (which is the SI's greatest strength) was weakened is a mean feat nonetheless

Before that cutscene ends he lectures the SI that there are countless dark side rituals and artefacts that they are ignorant about having only recently entered the sith order. He probably stumbled on one of these somewhere in his career. He didn't have any apprentices though, and sith lords rarely share their secrets with the order at large, so whatever it was, its probably lost now.

Really? I just did that part (third SI play through) And I don't remember him mentioning that.

Than again it was late at night at I was tired, so it could have slipped right past me.

People tend to shoot for the [shock him] option just cause its there, in this instance though it does nothing and he just shrugs you off with the force. However if you demand an explanation he'll monologue at you first.

I went for the one in the middle. ( trying not to be too mustache twirling And I knew that it basically makes you Inquisitor look like an idiot)

But ty for the explanation.

Edited by darthisraphel

I found

where the dialogue option asking him to explain how he cut you off from the Force was taken. Paladius responds with

"There are secrets known to the Sith that you have only dreamt of. This is one, and your artifact is another."

I took that to mean that he was doing it, not the artifact, and that it was a technique that he had used against others that had attacked him - it sounded like something that was part of a regular strategy, not something he had stumbled upon by finding a particular artifact.

Edited by Lesaberisa

I found
where the dialogue option asking him to explain how he cut you off from the Force was taken. Paladius responds with

I took that to mean that he was doing it, not the artifact, and that it was a technique that he had used against others that had attacked him - it sounded like something that was part of a regular strategy, not something he had stumbled upon by finding a particular artifact.

So he claims but remember he's a con artist and he likes to dupe people. I doubt he has that kind of power and if his mastery is that great, after cutting you off, he'd have no problem annihilating you. Also the dialogue implies it didn't fully cut you off either which is interesting. "Soon you will be only as strong as denton here." meaning you're being drained. Which means lore wise Nox had to kill him quick.