Player Sync option in 4.0

ColonelCoburn

My opinion is that this is a very useless add-on. this may be just me, so please dont all rush to insult me. im just here to see if anyone else agrees with me? here are a couple of reasons i dont think this will be good.

As follows:

1) i dont see many people that actually enjoy leveling enough to care to do them while leveling so why would anyone want to go back and do missions after theyve reached cap?

2) Would this be a good effect on open world conquest? like how would this effect conquest on a negative or positive level?

3) what about world boss areas for certain planets? some planets that are lets say level 40 planets have level 50-55 bosses i believe(could be wrong)

I have many more opinions but im not here to complain about the new patch because i believe swtor does a great job with the patches and overall i firmly believe that 4.0 will be amazing. i just want to have constructive criticism from everyone else as well.

So what is everyone elses thoughts on "Player Sync"?:rak_02:

To Level Sync I say Neigh. making irrelevant missions to a level 65 a challenge is dumb. the challenge is their for people leveling, not for the higher tiers. it would be just weird needing help from another person as 65 against say lvl 30+ mobs, if it goes to that extreme.

To Level Sync I say Neigh. making irrelevant missions to a level 65 a challenge is dumb. the challenge is their for people leveling, not for the higher tiers. it would be just weird needing help from another person as 65 against say lvl 30+ mobs, if it goes to that extreme.

according to the player sync option you will still have all the abilities. however you will be reduced level which will affect gear stats and rating. i completely agree with you. i don't see a point. something else i noticed. they claim it will be for gaining xp purposes. so lets say i go to tat for the first time. ill be dropped to lets say 24. now i level 1 level to 25. then go to fleet and go back to tatooine. will i be 24 again or will i no be 25 still? if i will remain 25 then wouldnt player sync essentially mean that id be leveling up 2 times instead of once?

I believe the way its going to work is, yes you keep all your abilities and current gear, what changes is your HP/damage and overall defense against lower tiered enemies. Again going back to fighting enemies irrelevant to your class, it doesn't make sense why were having this force fed, rather than an option. And yes, it is possible for the Dev's to include an option, they've done it for other games.

The good aspect of level sync, is no more ganking XP from your fellow group members, but thats about as far as it goes for usefuness, and by no means is that one thing justifiable for using it. I don't know full details yet until release, so obviously I can't have a full developed opinion yet, but from past games and how it works, I'm not in favor of it so far, especially with no option to choose otherwise.

One thing I was wondering is...

So if we're getting Synched to the level of a planet... Which means doing low level stuff will actually require effort. Does that mean the rewards (XP, credits and items) will in return synch with our real level? Because it seems a bit unfair (and pointless) for me to do low level quests when they require the same or similar effort to my actual level quests, yet me getting low level rewards for them.

For example if I'm level 50 and do a level 30 quest, to me it makes sense that the rewards should at least be bumped up level 45 in order to reflect the extra effort I had to go to due to my level being effectively lowered to 30 for the quest.

I don't think it should be equal to the actual level of the player because things will still apparently be easier than they would be for a player who was actually that level. But if we're putting in more effort we should get more of a reward for it.

One thing I was wondering is...

So if we're getting Synched to the level of a planet... Which means doing low level stuff will actually require effort. Does that mean the rewards (XP, credits and items) will in return synch with our real level? Because it seems a bit unfair (and pointless) for me to do low level quests when they require the same or similar effort to my actual level quests, yet me getting low level rewards for them.

For example if I'm level 50 and do a level 30 quest, to me it makes sense that the rewards should at least be bumped up level 45 in order to reflect the extra effort I had to go to due to my level being effectively lowered to 30 for the quest.

I don't think it should be equal to the actual level of the player because things will still apparently be easier than they would be for a player who was actually that level. But if we're putting in more effort we should get more of a reward for it.

Tbh the yare being really unfair with forcing player sync on us and not allowing it to be an option. so with this is mind i would expect it to be what you don't want. i know this is hard to hear. but with the couple of changes that they are making like crew skills it is clear they aren't doing things in the players best interest but what makes them more money. so expect to gain no reward for the extra challenge.

Tbh the yare being really unfair with forcing player sync on us and not allowing it to be an option. so with this is mind i would expect it to be what you don't want. i know this is hard to hear. but with the couple of changes that they are making like crew skills it is clear they aren't doing things in the players best interest but what makes them more money. so expect to gain no reward for the extra challenge.

No we are not being unfair. We all should play on the same level field. The game is changing, and many of us enjoy that change. Until you have tested it out players who dislike it are being unfair to us who want to test it and want to like it.

No we are not being unfair. We all should play on the same level field. The game is changing, and many of us enjoy that change. Until you have tested it out players who dislike it are being unfair to us who want to test it and want to like it.

Isn't that what the test server is for? Shouldn't they be letting people test it out there?

rofl sorry i was unaware you were a dev. please explain how you see it as not unfair? this was designed for what exactly? so you can go back and redo missions you miss? rofl people barely care for the missions or leveling as it is. so again why force player sync? last i checked this isn't a console game. also if player sync is here wouldnt you think selling insta 60's would be a little contradictory to this player sync reasoning? rofl please think before posting such a stupid comment.

rofl sorry i was unaware you were a dev. please explain how you see it as not unfair? this was designed for what exactly? so you can go back and redo missions you miss? rofl people barely care for the missions or leveling as it is. so again why force player sync? last i checked this isn't a console game. also if player sync is here wouldnt you think selling insta 60's would be a little contradictory to this player sync reasoning? rofl please think before posting such a stupid comment.

The test server comment. Some changes take awhile to be in effect. Future content might play on to the syncing.

Second off the design is for players who are coming back and want to do the side missions, with the leveling changes and alliance system it plays well.

It is either you learn to adjust to it, or quit. It is here to stay.

how would you know if it plays well? youve tested it? and it doesnt change the fact that everyone would like an option to disable it due to the fact that it makes no sense for a max level character to have any interest to "go back and do a level 20 heroic he "missed(aka purposely passed up due to it being boring and slow with leveling)"

how would you know if it plays well? youve tested it? and it doesnt change the fact that everyone would like an option to disable it due to the fact that it makes no sense for a max level character to have any interest to "go back and do a level 20 heroic he "missed(aka purposely passed up due to it being boring and slow with leveling)"

Not everyone wants an option. Some people feel like I do that we all should play by the same rules. Adding a options is not the right answer or fun answer for us. If what they have said about it, and the reason behind it. It seems sound on paper. That is why many of us are just waiting to see how it plays out. How buggy it is, or give feedback base off the system. Making it optional is not good feedback.

Not everyone wants an option. Some people feel like I do that we all should play by the same rules. Adding a options is not the right answer or fun answer for us. If what they have said about it, and the reason behind it. It seems sound on paper. That is why many of us are just waiting to see how it plays out. How buggy it is, or give feedback base off the system. Making it optional is not good feedback.

so you as a max level really have interest in going back and redoing old misisons? i unserstand a challenege here and there. but i hate how long it takes to form groups as is. i like some part of my swtor experiecne to be solo. im no codependent upon people. i like some just me plkaying time.