The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Here's a suggestion, don't rob your customers.

How is anyone being ripped off? If someone doesn't understand what random chance is, it's not EA or Biowares fault. What you get with these packs is quite clear.

Now if you could prove that the drop rate has changed over the years, you might have a place to level a complaint about shady practices. But since there's no way to prove that it's very much a matter of caveat emptor.

But as it stands EA is doing nothing that pretty much every other MMO out there doesn't already do. Because they all offer these same types of gambling boxes. Some are actually worse IMO. Like in the Perfect World games where the box is dropped, but you need to buy a key with cash to unlock it. So your inventory is constantly filling up with stuff you have to spend money on to have a chance to get something good.

Yeah, hi there! Notice I said "IF". There was a D&D online game, not DDO, that was almost entirely based on micro transactions and that was a true and legitimate rip off. Played it about 3 days before just quitting. Even obtaining an average ordinary backpack was ten actual dollars. So, I agree a lot of MMO's do this garbage.

Back to topic, though. Again I said "if" Bio is doing that, not that they are. Still, the last few months it seems you mostly just get garbage for your money with cartel packs. For me personally it's not worth it at all.