History of Sith and Jedi

JhonniPlays

What in the world happened in between the Sith Empire and Kaan's brotherhood of darkness in the Darth Bane Novels.

I have been searching for ages trying to figure out what happened to turn the Sith empire into the Brotherhood of darkness and find out about this thousand year gap, to no avail.... Any ideas or explanations?

(Edit) So The Sith Empire by Vitatie was eventually destroyed/ruined, and the sith were no more yet again... but how in the world did that happen? Would it be revealed later in swtor game?

Edited by JhonniPlays

Yes I know that, that was when I said the Darth Bane Novels :( I just really wanna find out what happened in between those two time periods :p

read the link i posted.

TL;DR: the 1600 or so years between now and Darth Ruin were of relative peace, then the galaxy entered a ongoing 1000 year war (or wars as it were, sorta like our Hundred Years War) which eventually culminated in the brotherhood of darkness and Bane ~2600 years from now

Edited by MadDutchman

Vitiate's version of the Sith Empire was invented for TOR. They didn't include an ending for it when they added it to the old continuity. The period of Republic history between Great Sith War and the New Sith Wars is not really explored in any real detail, so Bioware could add all the Sith Empires and wars they did in Kotor and Swtor without contradicting very much. Before these games came out, all we could assume was that there was generally peace in the galaxy, so presumably the same would apply to the rest of that period of time. Edited by OldVengeance

its literally all made up, that why you dont know...if there WAS info about it, it would just be made up by someone else so just use your imagination and youll be good. sorry to be so blunt, but the OP seemed genuinely frustrated that he cant find info that is just made up

We'll have to wait and see how the story for SWTOR plays out, since we don't yet know how it ends.

Likely it ends with the destruction of the Sith Empire. That, or the Sith Empire continues in some form but is destroyed by the Jedi and the Republic after the events of SWTOR. I doubt Kaan's Brotherhood is a direct continuation of this game's Sith Empire, and was probably a resurrection in a later era, similar to Vitatie's Sith Empire being a different entity from the one destroyed at the end of the Great Hyperspace War.

Darth Ruin was the one who first started the New Sith Wars, a thousand years before the Brotherhood of Darkness formed, and he was supposedly a Jedi who turned to the darkside, so there was no link to the ancient Sith unless they retcon one in. Edited by OldVengeance