A fellow newbie needs some help! [Marauder Annihilation]

Secsmeup

Hey guys, played the beta and the first weeks of launch. Then i quit and just came back.

My marauder is now level 35, i am doing the easymode leveling with x12 XP and just following the story line.

I would like to start doing some group quests and more pve-oriented things in the future.

My problem is that i have a non-existant skill rotation. And i am probably spamming the worst and lowest DPS-output skills. Even though i have top of the line items for my level (friend supplies me with credits).. i am having a hard time vs. lower level group mobs in the story-line. Even some bosses tear me a new one :eek:

So..! If somebody could show me a simple skill rotation with the annihilation tree, as a level 35+ (i will just not use the skills i dont have if you list them).. i would be very thankful.

Currently im spamming Assault and i know that is just wrong on so many levels :o

Edit:

After watching a few videos and putting my thinking hat on.. i am trying the following rotations. But there are a few seconds where i am without rage and just standing there getting bi*** slapped to death :(

Group mobs:

Force charge, Battering assault. Cloak of pain (if needed), Smash, Sweeping slash (Spam it).

Single target dps:

Force charge, Battering assault, Deadly saber, Rupture, Ravage, Vicious Slash (Spam it).

I am having Juyo form activated.

Using Saber Ward when needed.

Using Cloak of Pain when i can.

Using Berserk when it comes available.

Edited by Secsmeup

Hey there, the "rotations" you wrote don't look too bad, actually.

For groups, use Rupture before using Smash, that way Smash will spread Rupture's dot to all targets (Just make sure, you don't kill your primary target with Smash, otherwise the dot won't spread).

Deadly Saber often makes sense for groups, too.

Following that use Smash on Cooldown to finish off survivors.

If the group is tough, consider using Intimidating Roar to get yourself some air (Obviously not before using Smash but afterwards).

Single Target looks ok, just rememeber to use Force Choke to stun your enemy if needed. Also use Obfuscate for reduced incoming damage und Disruption if your opponent casts sth evil ;-) (Once you get to level 41 you will use Annihilate on Cooldown after Battering Assault.)

Generally there's not set rotation. Principle is: Use your strongest attacks as they become available. Use resource builders like Force Charge and Battering Assault or Assault so you're able to use your strongest attacks. If no big resource spender is available, use spammable fillers (Vicious Slash for Single Target, Sweeping Slash for AoE). Since you don't have Annihilate yet, you might even consider using Force Scream as a big resource spender.

So your priority list would be:

SINGLE TARGET resource spenders:

Deadly Saber

Cauterize (if target lives long enough)

Ravage

Force Scream

Vicious Slash (spammable filler)

AOE resource spenders:

Deadly Saber

Rupture (for Dot spread)

Smash (on Cooldown)

Sweeping Slash (spammable filler - but don't run out of rage doing that: it's often better to build rage for the next Smash coming up)

Resource builders:

Battering Assault

Force Charge

Force Choke

Assault (spammable filler)

And: If things get rough, remember using of Force Camouflage to recover a bit.

You might also consider equipping your ship droid and using him as a healing companion. That makes stuff a lot easier :-)

Edited by Ardarell_Solo

At level 35 you have so few defensive tools available to you as a Sith Marauder. However, it's not impossible. At level 35, you should have access to Jaesa Willsam who is one of the best Melee DPS companions in the game, however in 4.0 all companions will be able to perform ANY role, and they will no longer need any gearing, just Influence (Replaces Affection).

For groups as Annihilation, I recommend you use Rupture BEFORE Smash as to allow Smash to Spread the DoT to all targets that are hit by the Smash. When you Force Charge in, you will want to immediately follow up with Deadly Saber so that your next 3 saber attacks will grant the 6s long DoT, however take note that Sweeping Slash does NOT spread the DoT to all targets, it only affects the first target hit sadly. When you hit 47 (?) you get one of the signature skills of the spec, Annihilate. It is an ability that builds on itself. Each use makes the CD of the next one go down, stacking up to 4 times. When you hit 57 you get Force Rend, which is a longer duration DoT that is being changed heavily in 4.0.

For leveling, I would actually recommend you switch to Carnage. It is much easier to play early on, and it has some harder hitting skills earlier on in the tree. Such as an Auto-Crit on Force Scream, and you get a free damage boost with Sweeping Slash in the form of each use grants you an Ataru Form attack on all targets hit.