Poorly Recalculated World LOD Bias in the September 22th 2015, post patch updates.

Laeas

The following is an issue caused by a miscalculation or over reaction in the rewriting of the games graphics engine.

Unacceptable LoD quality and draw distance on the world and world artifacts.

Too many players complained about low frame rates and this is how the Developers resolved the issue, now the game looks like trash.

would have been better to add World LoD so people could adjust it to their likings.

Or better yet hire some programmers that can correctly write codding for the graphics engine.

Reducing world LoD in the program code to increase frame rates was NOT a good idea, SWTOR may loos a lot of customers over this if it is not corrected quickly.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Edited by Laeas

Agreed. I'm actually seeing a relationship between world texture LOD and "Atlas Quality" preference. When set to High, my character textures look high-res but world textures are low-res unless I get really, really close to a surface (which includes zooming in to first-person view). This gets very discouraging when viewing my stronghold, trying to see framed paintings and decorations like the Temple Clock in full detail at anything greater than point-blank range. When Atlas Quality is set to Low, world texture LOD seems to behave nearly as it did pre-3.3.2, except all my character textures look medium-res.

Also puzzling is that I'm seeing certain hairstyle textures, for instance male hair # 3 used by my human Smuggler, appearing low-res/medium-res when viewed in Character Selection, Character Creation, Appearance Editor window, and in cutscenes, even though Atlas Quality setting is High. Only in the regular game world do those hairstyle textures looks high-res. I've scrolled through Apperance Editor options on my other characters and found those same certain hairstyles showing up blurry on a consistent basis.

I call attention to that in particular because *all* the texture maps on my male human Smuggler character, not just hairstyle but overall body and costume, look high-res in normal gameplay but show up blurry in cutscenes such as talking to one of my companions. None of my other characters have that problem and it might not be merely a coincidence that this Smuggler was the last character I'd logged onto prior to patch 3.3.2. Hopefully this effect isn't permanent, as I've currently been leveling this character in advance of KotFE but now the loss of high-quality graphics in my story cutscenes has brought that to a halt. :( I would not mind seeing the game graphics rolled back to what they were previously.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...