The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Items from old packs being put on the normal Cartel Market

Nazo-the-demon

One thing I dislike about the Cartel Market is how impossible it is to get Items from older packs without someone selling them on GTN. While things like Revan's items tend to always be on GTN, There are other items that I've seen in collections and wanted to get that never shows up on the GTN. The sections are already there in the Cartel Market so why not update them to have older items whose packs are no longer up for sale? It's good for EA/Bioware since people will be more motivated to buy cartel coins, It's good for the people since they'll be able to get any look o item they want for their character as long as they have enough Cartel coins to spare, and even if they don't they should have better luck finding the item on GTN. Any one have a idea to improve this suggestion?

Tbh, the best thing they could do is just leave the all the packs all the time, sure it would prob kill the market on alot of rare items but those that want to gamble need to spend real $ for it anyway, also it will just be like the first time they came out.

Also when people get to tired of buying one pack they'll just go onto the next.

Edited by Theeko

Realistically though, EA makes more money (or at least they think they do) with the current plan. Making packs go away is fine with me if they don't come back for a nice long time, that drives up their value when there are a lot of desirable items within and I save some for that rainy day. They are cheapened when the pack is re-released 8 months later and that would not create a firestorm of buying when a pack is about to go away and people are trying to get item X, Y or Z.

I would not hold my breath on them going away from the random element of the drops. They know that there are some nice things offered in each pack and a bunch of crap... guess what drops the least? The good stuff. Basically they are conning people into buying more packs which of course, makes more money for the company.

Now posting old packs about 2 years after they originally hit the market? I'd be cool with that, and it would be long enough to ensure a high level of desire. Gives the GTN players a chance to make some credits too.