BEYOND HAPPY with the new direction and choices

Heromofo

I'm just here to play the game no matter what direction it takes. However, I do hope Bioware expand their options when it comes to making playable species. It's about time they ditch that old rule of "That it must be a Humanoid that can Romance and Speak Basic" I mean think how much fun this game could be if that rule didn't exist... they are only pigeonholing themselves. I would throw so much money at Bioware if I could play a Trandoshan knowing the risk that they can't speak basic/maybe or if it involves a ton of clipping issues with gear. I'd still play that species knowing any risks it comes with.... it's 2015 almost 2016 and that whole playable species barrier rule needs to die. Edited by DuckKing

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to the above post I'm not too fond of the stat changes either but I understand why they are being made. Yes, to some of us it feels that the game is being "dumbed down" but to others it will make things easier, especially for the younger people and kids that play. I can not begin to count the number of times I have inspected someone to find that they are using the wrong stats in/on their gear : Aim on a Knight, Willpower on a Commando... you name it I've seen it a hundred times. Consolidating them all into Mastery will eliminate that issue and put everyone on a level playing field in that regard.

As for information being released prior to the launch of the expansion I do not expect them to release much of anything honestly. I've played several MMO's for years including Ultima Online, EverQuest, EverQuest II, Lord of the Rings, and they have never really released full, complete details of changes coming to the game ahead of time. The alpha and beta testers usually have an NDA which gets lifted a couple of days before launch but that's about all. I've never expected it to happen here either but reading these forums you would think people expect that with this game.

It is what it is... either you'll be happy or you won't and you'll find something else to spend your entertainment time and money on.

In regards to the above post I'm not too fond of the stat changes either but I understand why they are being made. Yes, to some of us it feels that the game is being "dumbed down" but to others it will make things easier, especially for the younger people and kids that play. I can not begin to count the number of times I have inspected someone to find that they are using the wrong stats in/on their gear : Aim on a Knight, Willpower on a Commando... you name it I've seen it a hundred times. Consolidating them all into Mastery will eliminate that issue and put everyone on a level playing field in that regard.

As for information being released prior to the launch of the expansion I do not expect them to release much of anything honestly. I've played several MMO's for years including Ultima Online, EverQuest, EverQuest II, Lord of the Rings, and they have never really released full, complete details of changes coming to the game ahead of time. The alpha and beta testers usually have an NDA which gets lifted a couple of days before launch but that's about all. I've never expected it to happen here either but reading these forums you would think people expect that with this game.

It is what it is... either you'll be happy or you won't and you'll find something else to spend your entertainment time and money on.

Agreed i have seen it as well and i think it is a very good idea on their part to change it all to mastery. :)

Also, what's the deal with all this 'what mmo's were intended to be' crap?

They were intended to make money. There is, otherwise, no 'sacred tenets' of what mmos are and aren't.

There's that which keeps people spending and that which doesn't.

Everything else derives from that foundation. If your idea of what an MMO 'should be' just doesn't bring the shekels in, it will either be scrapped or changed to something that does.

This isn't hard to discern.

Edited by Uruare

I came back to SWTOR as I usually do about once a year. This time it was for the new ep pretty much like every other time. I use to raid and pvp with my husband and friends but they have all quit playing mmo's and so I am pretty much a solo player now. I have to agree that I like the direction of the new ep, it fits for me. I can understand though that it might bother others that do still want a traditional mmo and not the more solo based game play.

I am excited though and with the 12x I'm finally leveling some of the stories that I never had in the past(really enjoying the Smuggler right now.) I didn't take advantage of the last xp boost, I was to into WoW at the time. I am happy with the direction of the new ep though and for myself I hope they keep in that direction, it will definitely keep me subbed, I've become tired of the grind to level cap and then grind more stuff, especially since I don't raid anymore, this ep seems a little refreshing.

Also, what's the deal with all this 'what mmo's were intended to be' crap?

They were intended to make money. There is, otherwise, no 'sacred tenets' of what mmos are and aren't.

There's that which keeps people spending and that which doesn't.

Everything else derives from that foundation. If your idea of what an MMO 'should be' just doesn't bring the shekels in, it will either be scrapped or changed to something that does.

This isn't hard to discern.

Nice straw man response and rather silly at that. If something doesn't work, you try a different approach and of course they want to make money in the process. Anyone who develops a game and sells it wants to make money.

I definitely agree with your last part, the expac is what it is, nothing can change that and I know I'll keep playing despite not liking a few of the changes. To be honest my problem with the stat combination is mainly due to what it'll do to crafting considering that about 3/4 of the schematics could be removed and there will likely be WAY more competition on the GTN. In my opinion it was something that wasn't broken and didn't need fixing, though I can understand the change.

As far as releasing information goes, I don't understand it from a marketing point of view, why not share some key (e.g mechanics changing) information to build hype? I mean don't get me wrong, I don't want everything to be revealed, just some stuff like changes to crafting mechanics, streamlined leveling, that sort of thing. Other than that I think KOTFE should be quite good, hey as long as it isn't as linear as SOR and has a better story, with class choices being acknowledged, I'll be content.

Nice straw man response and rather silly at that. If something doesn't work, you try a different approach and of course they want to make money in the process. Anyone who develops a game and sells it wants to make money.

I just don't understand why people can't see why others are agitated at no new endgame or grouping content, I mean while the story in SWTOR has always been great (ignoring SOR, in my opinion) it is also an MMO which tends to have a grouping focus, so the fact that some people are surprised at the "no new group content" complaint kind of baffles me.

I am also happy and way really hoping for more a cooperative rpg feel but happy they are focusing more on story. MMO does not necessarily equal forced grouping. People are allowed to deviate from the norm and I am happy BW is trying to go back to what made them popular in the first place.

I am pretty sure it was not repeating boring operations once a week and looking for a tank and healer just to skip story in flashpoints.

I am also happy and way really hoping for more a cooperative rpg feel but happy they are focusing more on story. MMO does not necessarily equal forced grouping. People are allowed to deviate from the norm and I am happy BW is trying to go back to what made them popular in the first place.

I am pretty sure it was not repeating boring operations once a week and looking for a tank and healer just to skip story in flashpoints.

Bioware will always be story kings to me

Star wars

Mass Effect

Dragon Age

I just can't get over their brillant games