Idea to fix annihilation rotation

PhantomBladeSS

Hi

Harbinger mara here (derpyderper) I pvp exclusively although don't do ranked (I don't feel I am good enough)

Annihilation is my favorite spec despite its shortcoming in rotation. I have been giving this some thought so let me know what you think about it.

Rupture- changes would be rupture is on a 12 sec cd and is reset by annihilate. So when the annihilate stacks are built you would nearly have a 100% up time on it. Damage would be boosted of course and duration would be 6 sec.

Force rend- Annihilate builds stacks for force rend up to 3 stacks. (2300/4600/6900 dmg over 6 sec) this will decrease frequency of use on force rend and offer a bit more burst. It will also change the attitude of I have to use force rend to I get to use force rend because the damage would be great.

DST- 2 annihilates reset CD and proc it

Bezerk- 3% heals to you and 1% to team for each charge utilized.

Smash- Remove dot spread, no longer consumes rage, increase CD to baseline, increase dmg by 20%

Could always adjust above figures but now there is at least a priority system now and potential for great burst.

Problem is, Anni Mara is NOT a Burst DPS Class. It is sustained DPS. Here's what needs to happen.

Force Rend: Change it to replace Vicious Slash, make it separate it's damage out between Melee and Internal.

Rupture: Revert to old 2.0 method of use and proc.

DST: Make it into DoT spread, reduce CD to 15s

I guess I shouldn't have said burst. Just periods of higher dps pressure. I would be alright with what you suggested but what would the dot duration be for the force rend replacement be?

Also white damage direct attacks have its flaws. Nothing irritates more than having a rupture parried/dodged and further lengthening the ramp up time on this spec.

I guess the main thing I am looking for is a way to reduce ramp up time while still maintaining good single target pressure. Getting 3 stacks of DS, force rend, and rupture on a target is quite a chore for a MELEE CLASS that is constantly slowed and rooted. With what I suggested the ramp up time would at least be reduced as force rend would only be applied once every 18 seconda and act almost like a kill switch. 3 six second dots which when combined do 18 k non crit dmg would be pretty good pressure on healer.

I guess I shouldn't have said burst. Just periods of higher dps pressure. I would be alright with what you suggested but what would the dot duration be for the force rend replacement be?

Also white damage direct attacks have its flaws. Nothing irritates more than having a rupture parried/dodged and further lengthening the ramp up time on this spec.

I guess the main thing I am looking for is a way to reduce ramp up time while still maintaining good single target pressure. Getting 3 stacks of DS, force rend, and rupture on a target is quite a chore for a MELEE CLASS that is constantly slowed and rooted. With what I suggested the ramp up time would at least be reduced as force rend would only be applied once every 18 seconda and act almost like a kill switch. 3 six second dots which when combined do 18 k non crit dmg would be pretty good pressure on healer.

There would be no Dot duration replacement for Force Rend... Watchman/Anni has ALWAYS until 3.0 been fine with 2 DoT's that deal high damage. Then, they completely screwed with it in 3.0.

I play pvp only Annihilation spec on TOFN server. I like this spec but since 3.0 i'm not happy with the new rotation. I would a return of the pre 3.0 rotation with vicious slash. I have some ideas to boost the annihilation:

1) Inscrease the damage and the duration of Rupture bleeding effect by 3 seconds.

2) Replace "Deep Wound" by a new ability: when Vicious Slash strikes a traget affected by your Rupture, the Rupture bleeding effect is refreshed. (IMO with this new ability we have the return of Vicious Slash in our rotation and the challenge could be to keep the Rupture bleeding effect on the target).

3) Add "Enraged Charge" ability in "Close Quarters". (in order to add the next "New ability" in the tree).

4) "New ability": Vicious Slash deals X additional internal damage and healling you for 100% of the damage dealt. (if it's to OP reduce the weapon damage of Vicious Slash for Annihilation). Annihilation spec needs a more sustained self-heal in 1vs1.

5) "Hemorrhage": When your bleeding effects crit you build 1 rage. (if it's to OP add "this effect cannot occur more than once every second").

6) "Juyo Mastery": Your bleeding effects are 3% more likely to critacally hit per stack of Juyo Form. (in order to boost our Rage building).

I have also some ideas for Utilities of Marauder:

For Skillful utilities:

1) Make "Brazen" and "Maiming Reaches" a baseline for Marauder.

2) "New Utility": When Cloak of Pain is active, it heals you for 1% of your maximum health every 3 seconds.

For Masterfull utilities:

1) Delete "Relentless".

For Heroic utilities:

1) Make "Expunging Camouflage" a baseline for Force Camouflage.

2) changes for "Unbound": Predation no longer requires or consumes Fury, but will go on cooldown for 30 seconds when activated. And when Predation is applied or refreshed, it purges movement -impairing effects. Additionnaly, themovement speed bonus of Predation is increased by 30%.

3) Put "Cloak of Annihilation" in Masterful utilities and add changes with: each use of Assault, Battering Assault, Crippling Slash, Vicious Slash, Annihilation, Massacre, Force Scream, Devasting Blast and Raging Burst reduces the acitve cooldown of Cloak of Pain by 1 second.

3) changes for "Blood Ward" by: Getting attacked while Saber Ward is active heals you for 3% for your maximum health, this Effect cannot occur more than once every second. When you take damage the acitve cooldown of Saber Ward is reduced by 3 seconds, this effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds.

4) "New utility": Reduce all damage taken while stunned by 30%, and Unleash heals you for 10% of your maximum health.

Thanks for reading it :) have a nice day

Edited by La_Frite