Time travel

Morrisonga

I was wondering about how the time line works with the new expansion?? the new expansion is 10 years in the future but what happens when I visit previous worlds like Corellia etc.. Will they still have Sith and Republic npcs or will they all be changed to have enemies from the new expansion. I cant wait for the expansion to come out I just haven't seen any response about traveling back and forth in time when ever you want to go to different planets.

This has actually been discussed a fair bit.

You're only ported five years into the future, not ten, presumably between act 2 and 3 as Act 3 has us emerging from carbonite.

The general belief is that the current planets will have 'phases' or 'instances' added - like Korriban and Tython did for the Shadow of Revan Prelude - if there are missions that take you back there. Otherwise it'll all stay the same, they can't change all the NPC's, too much work. The only thing they've said will definitively change is that all story (and planet?) storylines that you haven't completed will not be doable when you access the expansion. They will ask you twice to make sure you're aware of this before you commit to the expansion storyline in game, so better finish up anything you've missed!

It will most likely be like in the current game - once you've finished you can go back to places like Korriban or Dromund Kaas and everything is exactly like it was before despite story saying different - Revanites are still a minor minor cult on Dromund Kaas, people are still robbing that same Tomb on Korriban that they've apparently been doing all three years that the game timeline plays over :p.

Edited by LordTythion

If I remember correctly, previous planets are untouched and you can still visit them like they were before KotFE.

But remember, there won't be any 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 questing on those planets any more either once you started KotFE.

It may seem like some sort of time-travel but because you won't need to be there it doesn't matter. Like if you were going to Alderaan after Correlia and met some forces from Boris Ulgo trying defend their king. no matter how much they are defeated, they always come back and patrol the same area.

If you are an RPer then your in bad luck. You will need to find immersion on the new planets.

Edited by Little_Judas