The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pre Set Ship Customizations (A New Income)

Heromofo

Ship Customization

Selling pre set ship themes is a good way to bring in a new income to the cartel market.

Unlike the stronghold a pre set theme stops any problems with cut scenes. Just add a slot to the ship tab much like the Companion customization tab.

To start it off i will give one idea and maybe the other forum users can chime in with some theme ideas.Relic Hunter

Your ship is now filled with mystifying and mysterious items.

Some emanating with such power you can sometimes see things leaping from them.

Edited by Heromofo

...Unlike the stronghold a pre set theme stops any problems with cut scenes.

That would be incorrect. There is exactly one 'stage' that works for the current existing cutscenes, and that would be the ones they started with. Anything that changes that 'cell' has a possibility of breaking the cutscene, including your gear and your companions.

That's why unify colors didn't work correctly for the longest time.

That's why having the wrong companion active can crash a cut scene.

There are more things but you should get the idea, I hope.

Maybe in KotFE if we get a completely new ship, but for all the class scenes and the parts of SoR that are on your ship, nope.

I'd definitely like to see paint jobs for our starships.

As an example, you could equip a "high tech theme" to the D5 Mantis (bounty hunter ship) which would make it look less like a rustbucket on the outside and inside alike, maybe give it a blue/silver color and lightning palette similar to the agent's ship. Likewise you could have an "underworld" theme for the worn, rusted looks that the current bounty hunter and smuggler ships have, if you wanted that appearance on another class' ships. An imperial theme could give a black/silver palette with red lighting, while a republic theme could give a white/red palette with yellow lighting.