Slinger's best AoE spec?

KubaYellow

Hmm, sounds like to me you have more experience in playing marksman than you do engineering. There's more to the spec than what you describe and engineering has it's own tricks to combat los which in my view are much more effective than what you describe. For a start (but not limited to) engineering has to my knowledge the only direct damage skill that can be activated with no line of sight on the target whatsoever. You appear to be looking at engineering through the eyes of a marksman sniper not engineering as an engineering sniper.

From the way you talk about multiple aoe on a moving target it sounds like you are using the same thing that got orbital strike nerfed. If you recall the reason for the nerf was the way marksman snipers (primarily but not limited to) were making use of orbital strike within a single target rotation. Engineering was the sole spec within the game in the devs eyes that should be using OS on a single target. By using sniper volley to provide that little boost as you've described, an argument could be made that marksman is repeating past mistakes.

Emp discharge uh huh.... As for for Orbital strikes nerf yup it was all MM's fault and even now with sweeping it's MM's fault again but its not just from sniper volley its also in combination with the lv 12 talent that increases sweepings crit chance by 15% and its surge by 30%. Don't get me wrong I hate MM/SS I primarily play DF/virulence or eng/sab for fun and I used to play the DF/eng hybrid when we had the old talent tress but I do know MM/SS and it just works better its easier to use no real energy issues best target swapping and most control over it's burst. I'm all for nerfing MM so the other 2 can get some much needed love, but it doesn't hide the fact why MM is just so much better. Evem look at the new ability they just got today total slap in the face Eng/Sab specs.

Marksman doesn't need a nerf so that engineering can be better. And virulence will always put out more overall damage than marksman, especially in firefights that last long. Engineering is just a clunky spec and planted 8 second 5-meter AOE that doesn't leave a DoT just has no place in the current PVP meta. BTW, with the new 15% crit chance buff, Engineering will have the most powerful suppressive fire(and AoE in general) while targets are debuffed by overwhelmed. I think to make Virulence better they should buff the range of Corrosive Greande/make it plantable/make it 8-meters so DoT spreading is easier. For Engineering take a note out of the Sorc healer's book and make Plasma Probe leave a DoT on all affected targets once they touch it instead of making them sit in it and/or make it 8-meters. Also re-work the spec, maybe have Explosive Probe hit harder while removing the Series of Shots DoT or something. Maybe additionally re-work it and look at Madness Sorcs, their single target DPS is utter crap but against multiple targets, especially ones that are stacked, they put out outstanding pressure. Maybe that needs to be nerfed in some shape or form, but I think that's how Engineering should work. It's just the rotation is clunky and can't DoT spread at all and has a focus on single target. Not saying they should copy the rotation, just sort of give it a similar damage profile. This way you have Marksman which is good at burst, Virulence which is good at single target DPS and pressure, and engineering that would do amazing multi-target damage, middling single target damage, and have a tiny bit of single target burst in explosive probe when need be(sort of like Demolish for Madness). Also about energy management in PvP, none of the specs have energy management issues until suppressive fire is added into the mix so. Edited by OMGITSJAD

I forgot to mention:

Can we get an update from the devs about the mini bugs between Snipers and Gunslingers?

A.k.a = Contingency Charges auto-critting for Gunslingers and not Snipers, and Gunslingers receiving the same buff to Sharp Bomb that Snipers get to Corrosive Grenade (5% damage increase).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.