MANDOLOR Explains How ELO Works. Why you lose more ELO than you gain when you win.

tunnelhottie

I Do not admit I have the EXACT math for this but this is pretty much how it work from my experience.

Legend for Symbols

HR - Highly Rated - (Above Tier 1)

LR - Lowly Rated -(Tier 3 and Below)

AR - Average Rated (Tier 2- Tier 1)

Team A Vs Team B

Team A has 2 HR Players and 2 AR Players against Team B who has 4 AR Players.

If Team A wins , they win about 7-9 rating or less and lose 12-14 rating or more depending on how HR the people on Team A are compared to the people on Team B.

If Team B wins they win about 13-15 Rating and lose about 10-8 rating or less depending on how HR the people on Team B are compared to the people on Team A.

Team C has 4 AR Players against Team D who has 4 LR players.

Depending on how big the difference in Average rating , Team C would win 8-10 or less and Team D would win 13-15 or less.

I can list out more possibilities but you get the Idea. It gets worse after you hit 2.3K+ Rating where every loss must be compensated by many more wins .

The Average Rating of YOUR Team compared to the Average Rating of the OTHER Team is what determines the rating gain . Obviously the first 10-30 games are weighted Much more highly.

If you have 2k+ rated players on your team , you better try your hardest to win because if you lose , you'll lose plenty and if you win , you'll win nothing. If you are facing a stacked team of TWO or More 2k+ rated played , the losses are minuscule and you win big.

Bottom Line , if you are Losing more ELO than you are gaining chances are you are in the lower bracket where you are facing lower rated players while being paired with other lower rated players and mainly winning games where there is probably 1 higher rated player or 2 players with slightly higher rating on your team.

Edited by tunnelhottie

Ahh, how I miss season 4, where 1 loss was 26 rating and 1 win was worth 1 rating.

Good times

The thing about this game is that no one looks at who their teammates are when they win.

I mean seriously I get like 8 every time i get paired with Kick-bot unless we face people with decent ratings.

Cause I've been on JC since I started, many years ago? :(

I'd consider a transfer, but that kind of seems like just throwing money away, especially when it's probably pretty similar most anywhere you go.

It pops on Harbinger for 12-14hrs , sometimes 18hrs if you are lucky.

It pops on Harbinger for 12-14hrs , sometimes 18hrs if you are lucky.

hmmm, is 90 CC the going price, or is that just some one time offer or something? I'm honestly considering it if there is legit pvp there, as I can't even find a decent guild to play with over here anymore. The thing is I have 10+ toons and want to transfer a decent number or it isnt really worth it so I want to make sure before I would start.

hmmm, is 90 CC the going price, or is that just some one time offer or something? I'm honestly considering it if there is legit pvp there, as I can't even find a decent guild to play with over here anymore. The thing is I have 10+ toons and want to transfer a decent number or it isnt really worth it so I want to make sure before I would start.

There will be pops considering its the highest populated server . Personally I can't find a decent PvP Guild with female healers. But we can't all have what we want.

The 90CC is per toon you transfer until Bioware decides to jack up the price later on.

Edited by tunnelhottie

Why transfer? In a couple of days if you're pushing it you can roll and level whatever characters you want. And have them geared before 4.0.

it's like 2.5 mill+ credits and 22k+ comms to get geared. seems kind of a waste if I already have them all suited up and ready somewhere else. With 5$ plus what i have now i can transfer 6 toons, but I think I'll go with the 10$ one to finish getting some much needed collection unlocks.

Cause I've been on JC since I started, many years ago? :(

I'd consider a transfer, but that kind of seems like just throwing money away, especially when it's probably pretty similar most anywhere you go.

If I was you, I'd start a fresh new character on another server, rather than transferring. It'd be hard from the start, but it'd teach you anything you'd have to know again. I mean things which you now take for granted. As a fresh new character they just aren't there. Legacy things, for example.

I did so.