lightsaber upgrades without mods?

Reviten

Hi, I'm fairly new to the game and bought a lightsaber from the cartel market at level 2. Now, at level 8 its only as powerful as the training swords. I don't really want to modify my descendants heirloom sabre so I was wondering if there was a way to change it. Thanks in advance, Reviten.:rak_07::wea_03::sy_lightsaber:

You want to modify it... The Modifications you get will increase the stats that it gives to you. Allowing you keep the saber, but boosting the stats it gives to you. The only thing you can modify to change the look of the saber is what Crystal is in it, which will change the color of the Lightsaber Blade. When you put a Hilt, Mod and Enhancement into the Lightsaber (or any other modifiable gear item) it changes the stats the saber (or other item) gives, without changing the look. That's what modifiable gear was made to do.

Now, at level 8 its only as powerful as the training swords.

Go to the supply section at fleet and find upgrades for your lightsaber, you can not buy the modifications yet but in a few levels you can. In the meantime you can use your lightsaber or the green trainingsword that you get after a while that is better until you can upgrade your lightsaber. At your level the mobs die anyway, before the outfit designer I used to equip a custom set without any mods at all and still complete the content until I could upgrade it.

Edited by Icestar

If this is your first character, DON”T rush off to fleet! Too much risk of spoilers. Do it when the quest tells you to (after you complete your starter planet series). For now, use the highest level training saber. And when you, uh, get something better, use that.

Tip #1: almost all gear on the Cartel Market is like that lightsaber: an empty “shell” which you add mods to give it stats. They are called “custom” gear. You have to mod them otherwise they’ll be pathetic. Similar for all the custom and adaptive gear you’ll get in game.

Tip #2: don’t rush to spend CC's on the Cartel Market. Play the game a while to realize what’s what, and what you need/want. Or ask here. I generally do not waste big cartel coins on gear as it is all cosmetic (no better than gear you get in game, as it isn’t “play to win”).

What I would get: Rocket Boost! Better to get it from the “Going Places Bundle” if that’s still on sale as it includes Rocket Boost and a few other things for less than the cost of Rocket Boost alone.

Thank you both so much for your help, cant thank you enough

Happy to help, finish the story on your starter planet and then go to the supply section to update your gear.

If you find your way to the Fleet somehow before you finish, avoid talking to quest NPCs as they will spoil the starter planet story.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.