How many levels over max reccommended can I do a FP?

NoxNoctum

I'm having trouble finding people at the hours that I play (2-6 AM EST), how high above the recommended levle can I still do a FP? I'm worried about over-leveling and missing content.

Or is there a way to solo all of them and not just black talon?

Even if you don't have a solo option, you can just enter the FP on your own and do it normally, if you are sufficiently overleveled. Though there are FPs and quests that have puzzles that need a certain number of players to solve (as you need to be in more than one place at the same time).

I don't think you can do it at all via Group Finder, if you are not in the listed range. Don't quote me on that though.

Edited by Dragondog

I'm having trouble finding people at the hours that I play (2-6 AM EST), how high above the recommended levle can I still do a FP? I'm worried about over-leveling and missing content.

Or is there a way to solo all of them and not just black talon?

You can solo all the flashpoints until level 55 (55 flashpoints are a bit harder and you might need to ask for someone on the fleet to help you), except for Colicoid War Game - this one needs several people, but, again, you can ask on the fleet.

All level 50-- flashpoints, including level 50 hard flashpoints, are soloable normally on level 60. You won't be able to join the group finder for them, yes, but soloing them? Until October 27th, it's possible.

When you are 10 lvl above any mob, you pretty much resist / dodge 99% of his attacks. With some game mechanics as exception. For example if you are 60 lvl you can easily (even as DPS) tank almost any 50 lvl nightmare operation boss without need of healer.

I'm worried about over-leveling and missing content.

If you are worried about overleveling content you can use the White Acute module that you buy from the Gree vendor at Fleet. It restores the experience gain to the normal rate.

Groupfinder window shows the level range it allowed for grouping, typically -2 to +4 of the FP base level. BUT at some point they broadened it, at least for some. I know I’ve had some FP’s groupable at +6.

You can just choose to solo any FP, except Collicoid (you can enter it, but there’s a mechanic that takes a group of 3-4).

You get full XP up to 6 levels above the base level. But it is pretty hard to successfully solo until you are more than that above.*

You might try general chat on fleet to see if some kind soul will help you, but that’s a longshot. Guildmates are more likely to assist.

It’s definitely worth doing all of them at least once/twice, but here are the ones I’d say you definitely do not want to miss:

Esseles / Black Talon (good long story, lots of LS/DS points and affection for your FIRST companion)

Taral V & Maelstron Prisoner (Pub) or Boarding Party & The Foundry (Imp). Part of the complete story.

The Battle of Ilum & The False Emperor. Ditto. L50. Soloable at L55 (at least for some of us).

* Soloability depends on the FP, your class, available companions, Presence bonus, experience/skill. I can now solo Esseles at L10, and some L50’s at 55. But most I need to be about 8 levels above as the bosses can still hurt you.

When you are 10 lvl above any mob, you pretty much resist / dodge 99% of his attacks. With some game mechanics as exception. For example if you are 60 lvl you can easily (even as DPS) tank almost any 50 lvl nightmare operation boss without need of healer.

First part: Almost true. I was doing the H2+s and H4s on DK yesterday with my level 26 sin, to get the comms. I made life difficult for myself by acquiring a group that already contained a 12 sorc and an 11 marauder. It wasn't too bad doing the Kreeg one or the one by the unfinished statue, but they died a *lot* during the rune-gathering one in front of the Wall, especially the Marauder. Eventually I told the sorc to put her Khem away and got mine out. That helped a lot.

Anyway, I found that the last one (the"level 15" H4 west of the city that the two maniacs weren't eligible for so I went solo) was so full of gold-star dudes that I did sometimes have to stop to heal a bit, but on the others I never noticed even a scratch on my HP bar.

EDIT: Oh, and the big droid world boss on Coruscant (near the finale of the Senator Krayl / Captain Winborn quest) splatters my Commando even though it is level 18 and I am level 60 so I am only 42 levels above it..

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.