Pushback (Arsenal)

saido

I could be wrong...but I'm assuming its when something hits you and increases your cast time on a skill. Like when you cast for Power shot someone hits you, doesn't interrupt it but pushes the meter back down so the cast time is longer.

I specced into it regardless lol

Pushback is a type of per-attack effect that increases your cast/channeling time. Every attack has a chance to cause pushback, while some do that deliberately.

So lets say you have a power with activation time of 2.5 seconds and lets say you're trying to activate it while being under fire. When that happens you can see your time bar jumping back repeatedly.

And so instead of casting your power under 2.5 seconds you end up prolonging it's activation to, let's say 3-3.5 seconds.

That is pushback.

• 1 month later...

I found this extremely useful, thank you. The only other MMO I ever played was SWG, where this doesn't exist and it is explained NOWHERE on any of the dozens of fan sites, TOR forum guides or in the official guides... but we have expertise/talent/skills/whatever to negate it.

I had no idea that's what that was, I was taking hits, suffering pushback casting power shot and getting really torqued off at the bad programming/lag in this game... oops, it's a game mechanic, my bad.

This tiny, seemingly (to some, I'm sure) insignificant, thread should be stickied with a flashing neon sign pointing at it.