The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Evil are all Brits in Star Wars?

Slowpokeking

I believe I read somewhere that Lucas based much of the lore behind the Imperials on both the historical Nazi regime and the British Empire in its hayday.

I find it interesting to compare some of the "evils" done by fictional corporations such as Czerka to the British East India Company as well. There are parallels to many historical lines in both science fiction and fantasy - its part of the genre.

I enjoy hearing it spoken though.

I find it interesting that the Engineers are invariable Scots though. From Scotty in Star Trek to the questgiver in the Trakken-4 Imperial Balmorran outposts. :-)

I believe I read somewhere that Lucas based much of the lore behind the Imperials on both the historical Nazi regime and the British Empire in its hayday.

I find it interesting to compare some of the "evils" done by fictional corporations such as Czerka to the British East India Company as well. There are parallels to many historical lines in both science fiction and fantasy - its part of the genre.

I enjoy hearing it spoken though.

I find it interesting that the Engineers are invariable Scots though. From Scotty in Star Trek to the questgiver in the Trakken-4 Imperial Balmorran outposts. :-)

both the normandy engineers were scots in mass effect 2 as well its kind of its own clich now.