Gearing as a newbie

rebson

Hello everyone! :D

I've just finished class storyline with my first character - Sith Marauder - level 52 actually and I'm wondering what should I do to gear my char the best possible way. I saw that some of NPC's are selling powerful gear for Basic Commendations but the prices are 60 - 75 of those for 1 piece of eq. So here are my questions to those who know:

1) Should I collect commendations for that gear? Should I buy lvl 50 or wait for 55?

2) What's the fastest way to farm Basic Commendations?

3) How do I get the rest of the commendations such as Elite or Planetary?

Edited by rebson

I'm no end-game expert, but here's what I can tell you:

1) No. Don't bother with the L50 Basic Gear. Do Ilum (the end of the original game, and a good story). Though the gear is sub-par. Or go straight to Rise of the Hutt Cartel (planet Makeb). Mission is on your ship console. Click on the GSi terminal (one on orbital station, one at each taxi) for a big Bolster that makes gear near-irrelevant. You'll pick up some loose L53 gear that is pretty good. If you feel the need, but some on GTN, cheap. Then when you hit 55, do one of two things, depending on whether you have Shadow of Revan:

1a) If you have SoR, start it (ship console). It gives L162 gear,. Then 168 and 178 on Rishi, eventually 190 on Ziost. And it is pretty much easy-mode

1b) If you don't, buy the 172 blue mods on fleet. Won't need many basic comms for that.

If you are doing above, and feel a little weak, by all means buy some 172 mods along the way.

2) SoR practically throws Basic Comms at you. If you don't have it, I'd say Daillies (Black Hole, Section-X, CZ-198?). Doing daily FP's with group finder nets a lot of comms. But the queue can be long. I don't bother doing FP's after L40 (well, pretty much any time now)

3) Planetary disappeared with 3.0. You mean Elite/Ultimate. They come with higher level (50+) FP's, Ops, and you get a fair number through SoR. Don't worry about those much unless you are really into end game Ops. I don't bother, so I'm no expert.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.