[Video] level 60 infiltration shadow gameplay on voidstar

LtBombshell

So the utilities you should take instead:

Celerity, interrupting and using your CC breaker are very useful in pvp. Not to mention that also means using force speed more often.

Don't bother with Shadowy veil, you won't see an increase in survivability in pvp.

Don't use lambaste in pvp either, you won't be aoeing that much as an infiltration shadow. (aside from stopping a cap of course)

Misdirection, like you have, is great for infiltration specifically, as with infiltration, you'll be in stealth more often.

Fade (specifically for infiltration) and egress are both good choices, if you find that you sometimes get focused, you can also take 'mind over matter'.

Force of resilience is indeed a great means of getting out of hairy situations. As for Martial power, that is only good if you need to delay more. However a much better choice would be sturdiness. That is 12 seconds of uninterrupted damage going out from you. You can't be stunned (etc) during your deflection, very useful.

As for the video itself (I see the comments now so I will try not to be redundant).

Try not to target swap too much (it looked like you were so I apoligise if I am wrong), if you see the enemy healer, stick to them. Also feel free to use resilience early on in the fight (and not always in conjunction with deflection). Chances are people usually use their stun very early on in the fight. I've eaten so many people's stuns with that method, it's hilarious, cause you can anticipate it. The other method of anticipating it, is if you stun them first, once they become unstunned, then you pop resilience, cause I'd say 80% of the time, they'll try to stun you back.

I think the jugg had a good idea you were already there so ccing him again wasted time, probably faster just to kill him, or not even cc him at all and trying to cap the door. Sometimes people just don't look behind hteir character.

I think the youtube commenter got everything else though, he seemed pretty thorough.

Edited by MasterFeign

So the utilities you should take instead:

Celerity, interrupting and using your CC breaker are very useful in pvp. Not to mention that also means using force speed more often.

Don't bother with Shadowy veil, you won't see an increase in survivability in pvp.

Don't use lambaste in pvp either, you won't be aoeing that much as an infiltration shadow.

Misdirection, like you have, is great for infiltration specifically, as with infiltration, you'll be in stealth more often.

Fade (specifically for infiltration) and egress are both good choices, if you find that you sometimes get focused, you can also take 'mind over matter'.

Force of resilience is indeed a great means of getting out of hairy situations. As for Martial power, that is only good if you need to delay more. However a much better choice would be sturdiness. That is 12 seconds of uninterrupted damage going out from you. You can't be stunned (etc) during your deflection, very useful.

As for the video itself (I see the comments now so I will try not to be redundant).

Try not to target swap too much (it looked like you were so I apoligise if I am wrong), if you see the enemy healer, stick to them. Also feel free to use resilience early on in the fight (and not always in conjunction with deflection). Chances are people usually use their stun very early on in the fight. I've eaten so many people's stuns with that method, it's hilarious, cause you can anticipate it. The other method of anticipating it, is if you stun them first, once they become unstunned, then you pop resilience, cause I'd say 80% of the time, they'll try to stun you back.

I think the jugg had a good idea you were already there so ccing him again wasted time, probably faster just to kill him, or not even cc him at all and trying to cap the door. Sometimes people just don't look behind hteir character.

I think the youtube commenter got everything else though, he seemed pretty thorough.

Thanks for the feedback- I will test those utilities out!

I just edited my original post, and didn't realise you had already responded but the change I meant to include was that you can still use whirling blow in pvp, just use it for node capping, or when the enemy is dogpiled and you see one guy at low health, but can't target him right away, sort of thing.

As for a means of not backpedalling, I put an ability into the s key instead. In this case I use low slash, but for other alts, I use abilities that encourage me to stand still. Like casts

Edited by MasterFeign

- Use taunts more often, they really help your teammates and grant you more medals on the end of the match.

- Use your Battle Readiness more too, I only saw you using it once. Don’t wait your health to drop to use it, use it more offensively than defensively.

- I didn’t see you using blackout even once! This is grave! Remember that it triggers Shadow’s Respite that increases your DR by 25% for 6 sec, don’t forget it if you are getting attacked.

- I would also start your rotation in another way, after opening on someone with Spinning Kick use Force potency and Force Breach, if it get crit you will have Force Synergy that will grant your melee attacks 5% more crit chance, and then you use Shadow Strike.

- Use Force Breach as soon as you get 3 stacks of Breaching Shadows, otherwise you will waste BS charges until you use it.

- Use and abuse of Force Potency!

Edited by kevinlord

While we (as in the team and I die a lot in this one, a win is still a win so I won't complain.

Please leave constructive criticism and feedback on my performance/rotation/whatever.

ur gameplay was funny to watch, now some tips, u have pahse walk wgich is the most useful power in the game, use it every time on cd.

The opener is wrong, spinning > potency > breach > psycho blast > clarv > shadow srike autocrit > clarv > psycho blast

i use this and perform well. utilities are wrong pick up

-stealth improved

-force speed and cc break cd reduce

-root on wave

-relilisnce on stealth

-istant lift ( on reg is ur duty to try to stealth cap) and instant lift is the " i cap button" if opponent plays wrong gis cards

-cloack cd reduced

And do not waste to much time hitting someone, if merc do not die, switch target. cc heal with low slash and istant lift, use taunts on cd, remeber blackout has DR on activation out of stealth. May i ask what server is this ? :D

and, u used shadow play ?

Edited by xX-Archangel-Xx