Madness spec- sorc or assassin?

Guurzak

Will a madness build benefit more from the sorcerer's heals etc or the assassin's stealth etc? Obviously there will be some big differences between the two classes even with the same primary skill build. Thoughts?

I leveled all the way to 50 as an assassin spec'd into madness. I absolutely loved it. I did the deception tree during beta and didn't like it even close to as much.

Madness doesn't focus on stealth at all. Instead it focuses on AoE via Death Field and then DoT's, shocks and Thrash attacks. Perfect for leveling an Assassin.

For golds/silvers you open with death field, then put your discharge dot and Creeping Terror dot on the mob and then shock and thrash. You will occasionally proc Raze which gives you a free insta-cast crushing darkness. All the dots keep your force high thanks to the calculating mind talent. When your death field ticks run out, re-apply death field and your dots as necessary.

For aoe packs you death field to open and then pick them off one by one via shock and your kick/execute abilities (forgot their names already).

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Nice post thanks.

One question, when you pick calculating mind talent, it says it consumes the deathmark restoring 1 force. If force is 100 max and 1 min, isn't restoring 1 force insignificant? There are similar talents for warriors which build 1 rage. I don't get it. Could you please elaborate?

JOhn

I've levelled and raided (operated?) as a madness sorcerer for the last several weeks and it's equally fun. Lots of aoe and dots to spread around. Keep in mind that even though assassins and sorcerers both have A madness tree, that doesn't mean that it's exactly the same. They both share death field and creeping terror and a few others, but that's about where the similarities end. The trees are tailored to fit the play stay of either the assassin or the sorcerer. So in summary, madness is equally viable in the hands of either advanced class.

Everytime a dot ticks you gain 2 force from calculating mind as long as you opened with death field. Think of it as force regen. We normally regen 8 force every 2 seconds, with death field and dots up its now about 14 every 2 secs.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I did not consider the force gain of 1 point per second. However, would that increase not go from 8 per 2 sec -> 10 per sec?