12X XP Event.

HappyBothan

Heeello everyone.

Recently I became proud subscriber of this game, and I've got a big problem.

Beacause of 12x XP event you don't have to do any sidequests. I've never played them before and now I have no idea what to do. ;/ If I will play with sidequests I will waste this opportunity to level my character high for the next expansion. ;/

And if I will play without 12x I will loose all the stories. ;/

What do you recommend for me guys? :/

Edited by HappyBothan

Just doing class quests will get you to level 50 or higher and doing rise of the hutt cartel will get you to 55. Then in order to progress further this costs £14 and will become free to all subscribers in October and it allows you to get to 60 but that is the current max. You have nothing to fear.

What is most important to you? Story or level. If the answer is story, you can turn off the 12x XP. If it's level you can ignore everything but the class quests. I've already played the story, so with my newest character, I'm focusing on level. When I was new, I focused on story because I didn't want to miss it.

You could, of course, go with option two and play two new characters. One going for level and the other for story.

You can buy a White Acute Module to stop the x12 xp to bring it back down to normal levels. The merchant is located on the fleet in the combat section.

White Acute Module

Also if you want, you can still do all of the side quests just for the story. You will most likely be too high of a level for it to be a challenge. That is what I am doing on my new character. I am doing all of the side quests but I am way over leveled. I don't mind though, I still get to see the story.

Heeello everyone.

Recently I became proud subscriber of this game, and I've got a big problem.

Beacause of 12x XP event you don't have to do any sidequests. I've never played them before and now I have no idea what to do. ;/ If I will play with sidequests I will waste this opportunity to level my character high for the next expansion. ;/

And if I will play without 12x I will loose all the stories. ;/

What do you recommend for me guys? :/

I recommend that you play one character (or one from each side) with the White Acute module active and do the planetary quests with normal experience.

The stories are real good so it is a excellent opportunity to see more of them before the X12 experience ends so I also suggest that you play more then one character during this time to enjoy more class story with X12 experience.

Edited by Icestar

You can buy a White Acute Module to stop the x12 xp to bring it back down to normal levels. The merchant is located on the fleet in the combat section.

White Acute Module

Also if you want, you can still do all of the side quests just for the story. You will most likely be too high of a level for it to be a challenge. That is what I am doing on my new character. I am doing all of the side quests but I am way over leveled. I don't mind though, I still get to see the story.

This. If you don't mind being overleveled, you can still do all the planetary/side quests. If you're worried about getting your character to max level on time, you could just do the story quests until you hit 55 (at which point the xp boost stops), and then go back and see the story from all the planets, though you'll get no xp from them (maybe some xp from a couple quests on corellia?) and won't have any challenge. You can also pick up the free item on your respective Fleet to disable the boost if you don't want to be overleveled, but still wish to see the story.

you could just do the story quests until you hit 55 (at which point the xp boost stops), and then go back and see the story from all the planets, though you'll get no xp from them (maybe some xp from a couple quests on corellia?) and won't have any challenge.

That would mean doing lots of grey quests and oneshotting mobs, it kind of gets boring after a while.

That would mean doing lots of grey quests and oneshotting mobs, it kind of gets boring after a while.

I agree that it could get boring, but it is an option. Not sure if the OP cares about challenge or if they just want to see the story lines. Different strokes for different folks and all that. :)

If I will play with sidequests I will waste this opportunity to level my character high for the next expansion. ;/
I don't know what you mean here to be honest. But to be clear:

You can do as many planet or sidequests (or flashpoints, etc) that you want to do and leave 12XP on if you wish. It just means that you'll easily hit the L55 (or L60 if you have Shadow of Revan) cap. Not sure why you are worried about it when doing side quests vs. without.

But, as others have pointed out, you will end out over-leveling areas. This does not stop you from doing the content. Just means your XP reward will be meager (not that it matters as you are over-leveled!).

Edited by DocDAM

I agree that it could get boring, but it is an option. Not sure if the OP cares about challenge or if they just want to see the story lines. Different strokes for different folks and all that. :)

Yeah, you are right. There are perhaps those that enjoy no challenge at all :tran_smile:

Actually I don´t believe that, it´s the developers listening to Harvard marketing morons that are dumbing everything down as quickly as possible.

Much love for the white acute, one also looses quite a bit of money when quests turn gray.

Haven´t figured out yet if green quests also loose a chunk of reward cash.

Just because you get 12x XP for class quests, does not mean you can't do side quests too. I recently started yet another alt and I did a lot of the side quests on Hutta just because I hadn't done them before. I still had the 12x XP turned on for class quests.

Also, of course, you can turn off the 12x XP if you are concerned about out-leveling the side quests. But, the only real difference is that, if you are too high a level, you won't get any XP from the side quests - but, then again, you won't need the XP either. :)

Again, no cash rewards for gray quests, you fall out of Flashpoints of a specific range in the groupfinder.

You can basically forget about doing anything else but PvE class quests unless you´re happy with doing content without any useful cash reward whatsoever.

For a first time player the white acute is a godsend and I´m lucky I even heard it mentioned in general chat before I got too far with my main.

Hey, I agree with people saying first character, do everything. I recently returned after two years away and it was a blessing to be able to fully enjoy the story without doing all the same side quests again. It's made me enjoy the game much more this time round. However as I'm now leveling alts and enjoying the 12exp I've noticed how much of the game your missing when you wiz by on the speeder. You do miss a lot of interesting background stories.

So definitely do at least one with everything and then you can enjoy the stories more on your next ones :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.