The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR Duelling Tournament - Runner's Up Bracket

Beniboybling

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I died at the suggestion that Quinlan Vos is a 20, especially after Dark Disciple. He's a 30 at minimum.

RIP Aurbere, you will be missed.

EDIT: In the original thread, Beni posted Vos as a balanced 20 point character.

Edited by ShadowMudkip

RIP Aurbere, you will be missed.

EDIT: In the original thread, Beni posted Vos as a balanced 20 point character.

Beni also wanted Nomi Sunrider at a 40 and Krayt at a 40 :jawa_mad:

Plus, Dark Disciple came out after we wrote that list, I think.

Vos's powers are stupidly fluctuating and difficult to quantify in DD anyway, I think it would be fair to take EU Vos at a 20. Though personally I think you should stick with Bastila, if used properly she could be a great boon. Edited by Beniboybling

Vos's powers are stupidly fluctuating and difficult to quantify in DD anyway, I think it would be fair to take EU Vos at a 20. Though personally I think you should stick with Bastila, if used properly she could be a great boon.

I am of the personal belief that Bastilla is another underrated character, she doesnt have much showings out of the game, but Honestly I put her very close to if not on par with Satele for her ability to fight Reborn Revan as well as she did, vs what happened to Satele vs the later Revan. I think both show a similar level of strength in this regard, yes Revan got stronger but as far as I can tell he also showed greater gap between him and Satele then he did Him and bastilla, but that's just me.

It's not necessarily that she's underrated, I just felt her main ability, Battle Meditation, was largely neglected.

The ability to raise you're other teammates but 5, 10 credits is not to be scoffed at.

Honestly I think its to small scale for her battle meditation. She never uses it in a 3 man party in Kotor (not even an option) and she doesnt use it when she is a member of the strike team to take Revan in. I feel that SHE is better served in combat with small groups using her more traditional aspects not her battle meditation, which again makes me point to I think her more traditional aspects are slightly under rated.

Perhaps, but then if you can use it on a large scale I can't imagine why you'd struggle on a smaller scale.

Not struggle, but better served adding her sword at a smaller scale, IE the battle meditation is just as good as it always is, but SHE is good enough that adding it to less then 5-10 people is a waste of HER time and HER talents.

Perhaps, but then if you can use it on a large scale I can't imagine why you'd struggle on a smaller scale.

Because it's really a completely different area of battle meditation that requires an entirely different skill set, tbh.

OK so I've updated the OP with participating teams and changes made, would anyone else like to make a change?

EDIT: Some suggestions to help people out.

Team Karadron: Darth Zannah or Darth Nihl, depending on whether you want a fighter of a Force combatant.

Team Jarons: I wouldn't make any changes to be honest, I think you have a good set up if used well.

Team ShadowMudkip: Qui-Gon Jinn or Quinlan Vos, I would lean towards Jinn as more of a team player.

Team StarSquirrel: Jango Fett for reasons suggested before, just to double you're firepower, that or Pre Vizsla.

Team Random: Exar Kun, as a more explored and rounded character to Jadus, and just as powerful.

Edited by Beniboybling

Alright, so it seems that StarSquirrel is going to be too busy to join us. So I may have to substitute myself. :jawa_evil:

:jawa_frown::jawa_frown::jawa_frown:

Why don't we just make one battle a 3 way.That seems easier then keep on adding more and more people.

Edited by Jarons