Crafting Starship Mods

suburbaknght

I've been building my trooper (my third toon) as a pure soldier. Having a lot of fun with her. Anyway, I decided that part of her story I should build her up as a pilot so I've been using her to do all the space missions (not GSF. The single player rail-shooter one) and I'm starting to get to the missions that require level 7 upgrades. Now I see the Cybernetics crafting schematics for sale from the Fleet Vendor for 500 Fleet Commendations (ouch, but okay), but I have my trooper maxed out on Armorcraft. I do have a toon with maxed out Cybernetics but I've never used her for space battles.

Do these Cybernetics schematics bind to character or legacy when you purchase them? Is there any way for me to get them to my cybernetics character? I really don't want to spend millions of credits buying the level 7 upgrades from GTN.

Edited by suburbaknght

My advice is that you wait with the crafting of the starship mods, I would normally not say this about any content in SWTOR but the rail space combat really needs to be remade before it is worth spending lots of hours.

I do not know if the schematics are legacy bound but if they are you can see a legacy marker on the scematics if they are.

Edited by Icestar

My advice is that you wait with the crafting of the starship mods, I would normally not say this about any content in SWTOR but the rail space combat really needs to be remade before it is worth spending lots of hours.

I do not know if the schematics are legacy bound but if they are you can see a legacy marker on the scematics if they are.

I'm having fun with the space combat so I don't need to wait for it to be remade (is that likely?). It was more, are the schematics bound to character or legacy on purchase?

The schematics are bind on equip, so in theory, you can even buy them off GTN. Or so according to Dulfy.

I've done the Heroics without any of the three schematic-based L7's. But to do the last couple toughest ones (Baros & Thanium), I did pretty much need all the others.

I'm having fun with the space combat so I don't need to wait for it to be remade (is that likely?).

I would normally have said not a chance of that being done. And yet, one of the devs at one of the cantina event hinted there's something being done with them. Some kind of big change, at least. Though admittedly, it might just be something from their wall of crazy, and I don't think it likely it will be out right when the expansion launches.

And I'm pretty certain I sent the schematics from one of my space combat people to one of my cybertechs. So they are either bound on legacy... or more likely not bound at all and can be traded or sold. Will need to double check.

Edited by Luneward

schematics are not bound. The equipment is once you bind it to your toon but its not legacy.

I have a bunch of schematics for starship upgrades on my cybertech toon. as soon as I make something its bought within a sec. good luck trying to find purple upgrades on the gtn. The schematics are very rare as far as I can tell. If your on harbringer and you see Exar-furious online send me a tell. ill make whatever you want if you have the mats.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.