The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Don't Be Too Proud Of This Technological Terror You've Constructed - Invention

Silenceo

Mostly, I figured I would make a thread for people to share the ideas that they have had for tech in the star wars universe if they were a mad scientist who made awesome inventions.

For the most part, I want people to share their ideas, and thoughts on things that they have thought up, and explain them. Please no 'because I said it would work' but rather, give some technobable of why.:p For example:

Chain-Fracture Device - Utilizing the energy stored within each atom, this device forces a path between the atoms that make up an object, thus causing it to explode outwards in a cloud of dust, but, if it is connected to another object, it would hit that as well. This also applies if the 'dust' is to make contact with an object within the first few seconds after its destruction. Something similar to this would be the 'Lil Doctor' from Ender's Game.

Mostly, just have fun. Feel free to comment on other peoples ideas, and have a laid back conversation about what crazy shenanigans tech could achieve in sci-fi if scientists wanted to. Nor does it have to be some dooms day weapon, it could be as simple as a laser butter knife, or revolutionary as auto-camo armor.

Feel free to share whatever. :)

I generally don't try to invent super OP weapons (unless I'm designing for Conquest).

One of my favorites:I was trying to design a ship and I came up with the class designation of 'fast frigate'. Then I'm working on my Conquest fleet and I find...it's a in-universe thing already. :p

I usually just let guns be guns but for one race I wanted them to have something that seemed backwards for Star Wars but was still capable of actual damage. Currently I have two version of the gun an Archaic and Modern one. The original version is essentially a musket, but the rounds fired are actually shells that explode when it entered a target or penetrated armor. The Modern version adds rifling to the design to make it more accurate and thus deadly.

The design is not automatic and the Archaic version is single shot and the Modern is semi-automatic.

Armor that actually withstands blaster fire.

*Waits for Wolf to be summoned* :p

On a more on topic note, what kind of armor? Anything special about it? Or is it just really thick?

Side Note: You let the story game die. :jawa_evil:

*Waits for Wolf to be summoned* :p

On a more on topic note, what kind of armor? Anything special about it? Or is it just really thick?

Side Note: You let the story game die. :jawa_evil:

There are plenty of examples of blaster proof materials in the star wars lore, I'm sure something can be done with them.

Maybe its because I was considering joining conquest.......