Healing with DPS Gear (PVP) possible?

Deadlobster

Not sure if I posted this already, tried and couldn't find it after. Putting it down to alcohol. I bought DPS exhumed gear but my Merc (arsenal) seems completely gimped for dps. Is it possible to heal with the dps gear? obviously I have to change discipline, but I I cant dps for sh*t maybe I could act as a lowly healer.

Thanks in advance

Dead

I would actually keep pressing on and learn how to play both Arsenal and IO DPS in PvP, they are getting a pretty strong buff in 4.0 (Arsenal gets 3% Crit rate on Rail Shot per Tracer Lock stack, and IO gets 1% damage on Power Shot per DoT tick, stacking up to 10 times. along with their really good new DCD that I will not disclose) Arsenal can be a devestating class to play in PvP, but it has a very high skill threshold. But It works very well in Group Reg and Ranked, especially if you have a good healer. You can spend your excess comms after getting Fully Augmented Dark Reaver gear (Go with 50/50 Crit and Power for Arsenal for Augments, and get Power/Surge Enhancements, with Power Mods, IO should have full Aim Augments with Power/Surge Enhancements and Crit Mods) you can then begin to work on your healing gear (Go with full Surge Augments and Power/Alacrity Enhancements, with Crit Mods, the Alacrity will allow your heals to be fast, the Crit will make them heal bigger, and each time you crit with any Healing/Damage skill you gain a 6s 10% Surge Buff as a Merc, and the Surge Augments will sync with the high Crit). Those stat choices may not be ideal, but they work really well for me.

there are no rules against it, if that is what you are asking. the accuracy on your gear is useless since heals don't miss, but you can just swap out the accuracy pieces for surge and alacrity pretty easily. you still won't have the correct set bonus and that is a pretty big gimp, but you can do it. and don't denigrate the "lowly healer". if the other team has them and you don't, you are probably going to lose. Edited by sumquy

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if I posted this already, tried and couldn't find it after. Putting it down to alcohol. I bought DPS exhumed gear but my Merc (arsenal) seems completely gimped for dps. Is it possible to heal with the dps gear? obviously I have to change discipline, but I I cant dps for sh*t maybe I could act as a lowly healer.

Thanks in advance

Dead

Uninstall, k thx. Either that go only pve. Don't need to carry more bads, oh plus pick an easier class to play.