Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Please give Companions their own inventory (and perhaps even Cargo Bay space), too !

AlrikFassbauer

Hello,

I'm long, long, long struggling with my Cargo Bay space running out. Since so many drops are bound to the character, I just can't play my main character anymore, since I want to story my achievements in forms of drops as well. Like FP & OP armor sets, for example, and older PvP sets as well.

Often older sets cannot be aqcuired anymore, so I better keep that stuff. But my space runs out because everything being bound.

One solution to this would be to give all companions their own inventory as well !

And possibly even their own Cargo Bay space.

This way they could act as "mules" - a concept widely known from both offline & online RPGs & other MMOs.

Another solution is to give each character far more Cargo Bay space in general.

With all of these armor sets, there's a need for it, imho.

Alrik

The only way I would support this is to have their inventory only allow stuff bound to them specifically. So if Corso Riggs opens his inventory, it only contains things that may only be put on Corso Riggs. Be it starter gear (for looks?), Corso customizations, the Yavin 4 weekly set that he can wear, etc. this would allow you to have his special gear on him at all times.

The only way I would support this is to have their inventory only allow stuff bound to them specifically. So if Corso Riggs opens his inventory, it only contains things that may only be put on Corso Riggs. Be it starter gear (for looks?), Corso customizations, the Yavin 4 weekly set that he can wear, etc. this would allow you to have his special gear on him at all times.

This is an interesting idea, I'm into it.

Wouldn't it be better just to increase cargo space and probably less work for them too? Or increase the stack count from 20 to like 99 or 999 for things like crafting materials?

Yes that would be much better.

Edited by Unchosen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.