Yavin Stonghold main temple hall: hook and walkmesh height doesn't match floor model

Mubrak

The 4 square areas in the Yavin Stronghold entrance hall are a few inch lower than the cross-shaped walkway.

All the hooks in that area are on the same height, though, so the decorations you place in the lower square areas are hovering a few inches in the air.

This is really bugging me. While trying to find a good spot for a screenshot, I finally realized that my char is also howering in the air. The walkmesh, collison-box, whatever keeps us from falling trough the floor, is a flat plane, while the actual model of the floor has those large lowered squares. In other areas where the floor is partially lowered, like in the room with the balcony, your char properly stands on the floor.

The walkmesh issue wouldn't be that bad, as you usually are on the move, but apparently the hooks were automatically or manually placed on the height of the walkmesh without regard to the visual height of the actual floor model.

When passing by decorations, I do see the gap between floor and decoration, and this is actually keeping me from placing anything there. There are many other such hooks in the Stronghold, e.g. the stone-sockets on the landing platform, A rakata energy pylon would fit there nicely, but it will hower a few inch in the air. There are another four sockets of this type at the bridge, here the hook is placed at the right height and you don't see a gap when placing decorations.

In general the hook-placement of the Yavin stronghold really could use some quality time. Wall-hooks aren't any better, many of them are so far away from the wall, that a decoration never even touches it.

Edited by Mubrak

• 2 months later...

Now that 4.0 is up and running, maybe someone has an hour to spare to retouch the Yavin hooks?

Maybe even place a couple of new hooks in the outside area between landing pad and temple, and maybe moving the spawning point to the stairs?

Edited by Mubrak