Questions regarding dye modules

shreefe

1. How do I use them? I know how to view them as a preview, but how do I actually use them?

2. Can they be transferred between characters? If yes, how?

Thanks for any help.

1, ctrl+right click on the item you want to use the dye on. Then put the modul into the dye slot. The dye gets destroyed after use.

2. If they are bound to your character, no.

Edited by Neglience

Further to this in case you didn't know you don't need to buy the same dye for each piece of armour. You can buy it just for the chest and use the unify colour function by clicking the wee armour icon in the bottom right corner, clicking unify colours and you'll then get a bunch of wee buttons pop up next to each armour piece you want to unify the colour to the chest colour for.

This way you don't waste dyes - just use them when you want a seperate piece to have it's own seperate colour.

Decent guide on outfit designer in general here: http://dulfy.net/2015/03/20/swtor-outfit-designer-guide/

You can also use the dye on legacy bound gear, even if it the dye is bound to a specific character. And then give that gear to someone else in your legacy. But then you need to use the dye on that piece of gear, you cannot move it to another as dyes only can be use once.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.