Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

so im rolling a Powertech

Sonhoo

Hey lads,

So after getting lvl 40 with my Operative i just feel extremly sad how the class ends up. With extremly laggy skills with an animations that just doesnt make sense.

So here's my question. Is it viable to Lvl up as a tank? Or it slows down the leveling extremly much? Since i LOVE doing instances and since its a lack of tanks and healers everywhere i though i would give it a try to lvl up as one.

So, what build should i aim for? and what stats should i be aiming for aswell!

Thanks lads <3

Guess Op is not for you then - cuz that class is awesome. I plan on rolling one after my PT gets 50. But back on topic, Yes you can level as Shield Tech and it works great. Takes a little longer to kill stuff solo but you can take a beating like it's nobodys business. In PvP it works great too as a support role. Toss your guard on teammates getting ganked and provide backup. I would suggest using mako for leveling and gearing her out - you'll be close to invincible.

Guess Op is not for you then - cuz that class is awesome. I plan on rolling one after my PT gets 50. But back on topic, Yes you can level as Shield Tech and it works great. Takes a little longer to kill stuff solo but you can take a beating like it's nobodys business. In PvP it works great too as a support role. Toss your guard on teammates getting ganked and provide backup. I would suggest using mako for leveling and gearing her out - you'll be close to invincible.

Ah thanks for the information!

About Op; i though they were going to be for me since i have been loving the stealth classes since as long as i can remember but in swtor its not my cup of tea i guess :3

Having a blast (literally) leveling with shield spec. Go for it. Use a DPS companion for speed, switch to healing companion for tough fights. (Remember to Guard your companion!)

I really wanted to like the Operative class but the playstyle just didn't suit me.

Hey lads,

So after getting lvl 40 with my Operative i just feel extremly sad how the class ends up. With extremly laggy skills with an animations that just doesnt make sense.

So here's my question. Is it viable to Lvl up as a tank? Or it slows down the leveling extremly much? Since i LOVE doing instances and since its a lack of tanks and healers everywhere i though i would give it a try to lvl up as one.

So, what build should i aim for? and what stats should i be aiming for aswell!

Thanks lads <3

To be honest BH is one of the easiest class to level up. I leveled as a Shield Tech and had no problems ever.

Ah thanks for the information!

About Op; i though they were going to be for me since i have been loving the stealth classes since as long as i can remember but in swtor its not my cup of tea i guess :3

Yeah I played a OP to 50 in the beta I loved it but it absolutely has its quirks and you have to work a lot harder in the warzones than some of the other classes. It's frustrating at times ( like trying to backstab with all the lag >_< ). I think you will like Powertech a lot. If you go Advanced Prototype you are close to the playstyle of the OP but instead of stealth you have heavy armor and more surviability.

Been levling as Shieldtech for 2 reasons. Tanking if absolutely needed so finding grps is no hassle.

AND I like having a ton of armor. Once you get up the talent tree it doesn't take as long to kill mobs. I was ST since level 10 and just speced out into pyro. It was fun and killing stuff seemed faster but I didn't have as much fun as I did shield tech which was weird. Plus Shieldtech get the Jetpack Jump :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.