The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Mother Machine - Implications?

Silenceo

Alright, so typically when playing an Inquisitor I just appreciate the story and such, but after I finished Belsavis for the nth time, I just couldn't stop thinking about the implications that you learn of when you (spoilers) talk to the Mother Machine and what it does, and that it is called Ashla. I noticed this the first time through, but I figured it was merely a curiosity, but ever since launch it has nagged me from time to time. So, I figured I would bring it up here to hear peoples thoughts. It really comes down to this:

The Mother Machine says that the 'slave races' *that would be all but Rakata* know her as Ashla, which coincidentally, is the same exact name that the ancient Jedaii (sp?) used to describe the light side of the force.

So the question is this: Is the Jedi religion then centered on faded memories of a machine which created them specifically to be force sensitive in order to help the Rakata?

*Cue crazy speculation*

Mother machine name is Ashaa. She wasn't created till the end of Infinite Empire. Not sure if what she says about the other races is true. I'm pretty sure those races existed long before her.

Ashla is the bright moon and Bogan is the dark moon of Tython.

Mother machine name is Ashaa. She wasn't created till the end of Infinite Empire. Not sure if what she says about the other races is true. I'm pretty sure those races existed long before her.

Ashla is the bright moon and Bogan is the dark moon of Tython.

Curse you distracted ears! Figures I would mishear that... By the end of Belsavis I always have the mind wander... 'Ashla' 'Ashaa' they sound almost the same. :( Still smell a conspiracy... ;) *Mistranslation! /sarcasm*

Still, that leaves the possible implications of what the Mother Machine does, and its purpose to create force sensitive species.

Curse you distracted ears! Figures I would mishear that... By the end of Belsavis I always have the mind wander... 'Ashla' 'Ashaa' they sound almost the same. :( Still smell a conspiracy... ;) *Mistranslation! /sarcasm*

Still, that leaves the possible implications of what the Mother Machine does, and its purpose to create force sensitive species.

Biggest implication: It created Zabraks and Twi'leks. :p