Rage Jugg - How to make this work?

Svarthrafn

Alright, so what is the best way to quickly target a friendly to use intercede when needed? Function keys? Or is there a button like tab that will just target an ally in your field of view?

Ctrl+tab (you can rebind this) or the F keys. Or click on ops frame. Or click on name in arena score widget. Just don't try and click on their charactaer, unless you can make that work, I can't.

Well, they have no real damage reduction while stunned. They have no real damage reduction utilities at all. They are very susceptible to being killed by dot classes. Madness (which is the most popular dps class right now) simply destroys them. Their defensives outside of saber ward are not damage reduction, so they are not meant to work against multiple people. They are also very easy to attack, because yeah their mobility. Maybe squishy is a bad term, but they are very killable and from my experience their health spikes just about as much as anyone else except maybe operative in a stun or a sorc. Vengeance has the DR, but only if they can get leaps off. If a vengeance is forced to say tunnel a sniper or another melee, he is only going to get leaps off with push (usually the target will be resolved or immune to cc like sin w/deflection up) or intercede + leap back which is why they have to use intercede.

I have seen jugs die through self heal in a stun 100/0 with 2 concealment operatives on them plus a deathfield. If you're class doesn't have an out, you are gibbale. People don't realize they can just focus them and have a guaranteed kill at least in solo ranked. There is this illusion that the class is not killable, but in reality (in a team setting) it is very easy to take down for most combinations of dps specs.

Their defensives are also primarily heal based which means its more about getting through their 2 health bars instead of sustained damage reduction. It just doesn't mesh well with being healed. If they health increase + medpack and are getting healed at the same time it turns into overhealing whereas someone like a marauder has a lot better sustainable damage reduction with cloak of pain and 2 outs in undying and camo plus can kite better with pred which is much better for living from a 2-3 man tunnel especially when being healed. Now 1v1 they aren't squishy and last a long time. They'll see the full benefit of saber reflect and can space their defensives out more. Warzones. Also pretty hard to kill, but solo queue arenas especially healer/3 dps. Most comps should just tunnel jug. You almost have a guaranteed kill in <30 seconds or they are forced so defensive that you're team will take no pressure whatsoever. Win/Win.

This. So much this.

It's amazing how easy it is to tell who actually plays a Jugg/Guardian and who's just reading off the skill sheet in this thread.

You know what, simple challenge to the room: post your silver-tier or better Jugg/Guardian and then explain what everyone is doing wrong. Assuming that silver-tier remains at about 1350, of course. You can do that and I'll shut the Hell up. But if you don't play a Jugg (at least not in ranked) then you need to shut your damn mouth because you don't know what you're talking about.

Alright, so what is the best way to quickly target a friendly to use intercede when needed? Function keys? Or is there a button like tab that will just target an ally in your field of view?

I use ctrl+scroll wheel for cycling "next" friendly and "previous" friendly. Of course, this isn't always super accurate because of how the game handles tab targeting sorts of things, but generally if I'm looking towards a guy and I ctrl+scroll wheel up, it will target the friendly that I'm looking towards.

Oh pls stop. The real answer is play rage mara. Every spec playable in regs even broken eng sniper and pyro PT. Mara always was better and always will be - 4 years turns zero changes. Just look at KOTFe datamined changes. If u play regs u can play every spec u want - the difference in your effectiveness. Edited by helpmewin