The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Capes on Speeders

LinkNukem

I've seen A LOT of comment about this that dated from 2012 and it's now almost 2016 and as far as i can see it's still a problem.

To be honest it's not a game breaker for me I still enjoy the game, but I must admit that it does force me to not uses certain mount, looking at my cape clipping through my speeder is really distracting.

There was any devs post about this anywhere over the years explaining why it's not fix yet? I don't see how it would be that hard to fix the cape on the mounts, it's not like there was 50 millions of them.

Edited by LinkNukem

A likely reason is that to fix the issue the speeders would have to be made more solid. Which would mean that while riding one you would not be able to go through all the stuff you go through now.

Imagine HAVING to dismount to get around a cluster of characters on fleet. Or HAVING to position your speeder so you can get close enough to a mailbox, or cargo hold, or GTN without having to dismount.

An even more complicated alternative would be to have capes disappear when you mount.

Edited by psandak

you're worried about capes on mounts when mandalorian killer on Aurora has STILL not been fixed? every time I get killed while trying the get the engineer I get sent to the WRONG med droid, resulting having to goto a stronghold, then my ship where I can renter the quest from the start:mad:. so, exPLAIN why it is capes are so important:confused:

you're worried about capes on mounts when mandalorian killer on Aurora has STILL not been fixed? every time I get killed while trying the get the engineer I get sent to the WRONG med droid, resulting having to goto a stronghold, then my ship where I can renter the quest from the start:mad:. so, exPLAIN why it is capes are so important:confused:

Dude, don't complain about this off-topic thing on this thread, make your own thread and complain there please.

But on-topic, the capes thing is kind of annoying, especially with Jedi robes and everything. I normally just change my camera angle to get the cape out of sight, but I understand your problem.