Thanaton vs Warrior (spoilers?)

Jaserno

I have been wondering why people say that Sith Warrior would absolutely destroy Thanaton if they fought. I'm not an expert duels so can someone explain this to me. How can Warrior survive the Thanaton ritual? How does sith sorcery actually work? I mean in lightsaber fight, Warrior would win easily, but how can he fight against Thanaton's sorcery. Thanks.

Any "PC vs NPC" convo is going to be filled with controversy.

We know the SW can block lightning with lightsaber, but beyond that, SW would likely fall to other rituals.

Depends a lot I think on the circumstances when they meet. If Thanaton has range advantage, giving him a moment to unleash a ritual, SW would be destroyed, but if the fight started in close, Thanaton would be minced up before he could really do anything.

I have been wondering why people say that Sith Warrior would absolutely destroy Thanaton if they fought. I'm not an expert duels so can someone explain this to me. How can Warrior survive the Thanaton ritual? How does sith sorcery actually work? I mean in lightsaber fight, Warrior would win easily, but how can he fight against Thanaton's sorcery. Thanks.

In star wars it usually comes down to power. Even with the ritual it doesn't change the fact that you have to be more powerful than your opponent in order for it to work at it's absolute efficiency. If that wasn't the case Palpatine could just destroy Yoda. Without the force ghosts Thanaton was much stronger than Nox and could therefore overpower him with a sith ritual in order to defeat him. With the ghosts Thanaton no longer had the edge over Nox in power and the latter was able to duel him.

If the Sith Warrior is much more powerful than Thanaton in force potential he could simply resist the ritual or survive through it. Rendering it pointless and forcing Thanaton into an engagement. We don't know exactly how much "Power" the warrior has or even the limits of Thanaton's power. So I'm not saying for sure that this would happen.

Edited by Rhyltran