The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Early droideka's prototypes

PowaSheep

TROOPER CLASS MISSION SPOILERS AHEAD

With that said, I was on Balmorra, last part of the trooper class mission, in the Balmorran Arms Factory. As soon as you open the vault door, a droid rolls out the vault and start attacking the player. Anybody that knows a bit of the SW universe would have associated that droid to the Droidekas, and that totally makes sense: Balmorra is storming with colicoids, the manufacturer of the droidekas.

However I've searched a lot but I didn't find any reference to those prototype droids. Can we say that droidekas were based on those early projects?

This is the only image that barely shows the droid, behind the force field on the left

Edited by PowaSheep

Colicoids manufacture droidekas? ..never knew that. .. now that you think about it, they look so alike.

YOU DON'T SAY!? :rak_02:

I thought it was common knowledge??? :rak_02:

From Wookiepedia:

'The droideka was designed by the carnivorous Colicoids of Colla IV, who were displeased by the limitations of Baktoid Combat Automata's basic B1 battle droids, and chiefly manufactured on their homeworld. The Trade Federation traded rare meats to the Colicoids as a way to ease bargaining with the ravenous insectoids, and were able to enjoy special rates on these normally very costly droids.'

Get yo facts straight, sheeple! :rak_03:

Edited by SeraphImmortal