The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pen and Paper quandries...

EpicStarFish

So the other day I watched the opening videos again (they are very well done) and it got me thinking. There should be some rules in the Saga edition Star Wars RPG that allows the use of more than two blades at once like in the pub opening video where the Jedi Master uses Satele's staff and his saber at the same time with all 3 blades. I challenge my fellow gamer geeks (or nerds, or whatever you self identify as) to come up with a not to OP rule set for managing this at higher level.

So the other day I watched the opening videos again (they are very well done) and it got me thinking. There should be some rules in the Saga edition Star Wars RPG that allows the use of more than two blades at once like in the pub opening video where the Jedi Master uses Satele's staff and his saber at the same time with all 3 blades. I challenge my fellow gamer geeks (or nerds, or whatever you self identify as) to come up with a not to OP rule set for managing this at higher level.

Ummm.... I havent read it yet, but..... maybe give this a shot? https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-force-and-destiny/

Honestly I wouldn't recommend FFG stuff for anything but a game set right around the Original Trilogy. It is not very good at doing other eras and especially not Old Republic.

As to how to do this in Saga, all you actually need is the Wookie Grip feat from the Galaxy of Intrigue book. It let's you use a large weapon like a double-blade lightsaber one handed. You could even could use two of them or do what is the scene.

You would probably want to pick up the several two weapon fighting feats and talents that reduce the penalties as well.