directive 7 triple droid boss STILL bugged

Jeweledleah

so here I am, trying to farm up some decorations from old flashpoints before they start scaling and I can't solo them anymore (lets just say RNG hates me when I have to roll against other people), when I get to my "favorite" boss. you know the one where you fight against 3 droids but 2 of them are immune and only one is attackable, and they keep switching which ones are shielded and which ones are not.

I'm worried becasue there was one reason why I disliked directive 7 back when it was still current and that reason was this boss bugging out and the last living droid staying permanently shielded, aka unkillable and becasue the damn thing doesn't leash - the only way to reset it is to die and eat repair bills.

low and behold - it happens. I switch my targets like I'm supposed to, I kill the other two droids and at about 50% health.. last one stays shielded. first time this happened, I figured, maybe it will reset and waited for a while. nope. tried to leash it, running almost to the entrance. nope, still shielded. used /stuck. tried again. and the SAME EXACT THING happened again.

bioware. this bug has been in game for YEARS now. it literally makes this flashpoint unplayable unless you luck out with timing. so I'm bringing it to your attention. again.

please for the love of all that is holy - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. at the very least, allow us to reset it to try again by leashing it instead of having to die.

Sounds like you are killing the left droid too early. You can only kill the left one after the right one is dead. So once the center one gets his shield and you switch to the left one, do a damage stop at 30% or you will accidentally kill the droid, then first switch to the right droid before going back to the left one.

Yes, the boss mechanic is not intuitive when you out-DPS it but it is not bugged, this is working as intended. They could update the boss to make it more foolproof but this is not a bug.

Sounds like you are killing the left droid too early. You can only kill the left one after the right one is dead. So once the center one gets his shield and you switch to the left one, do a damage stop at 30% or you will accidentally kill the droid, then first switch to the right droid before going back to the left one.

Yes, the boss mechanic is not intuitive when you out-DPS it but it is not bugged, this is working as intended. They could update the boss to make it more foolproof but this is not a bug.

This is correct, too much dps.

Same goes for The Foundry, HK fight, though at 60, you brute force it, but back when we were all 50, and everyone was getting into 146 rated black hole/campaign gear, the extra dps for a fight that was tuned for 116 was bugging the fight badly.