Read the Lore?

TerennGarok

Hello,

I am a recent new subscriber to SWTOR, and am quickly realizing that there is a lot more story here than I originally thought. So much so that I am quite certain that I will not be able to get through all of the classes first three chapters before October's new material.

So my question is this - Is there a place where I can read through the lore/story of SWTOR? Ideally, I would like to be current with what has happened with the war and the class backstories before we become "the Outlander"...

Thanks!

best one stop would be wookiepedia. search for

"Emperor's Wraith"

"Hero of Tython"

"Cipher 9"

"Voidhound"

"Darth Nox"

"Barensthor" (sp)

"Grand Champion of the great hunt"

"Havoc Squad leader"

given you presumably have an active sub, you could also just play through the class stories

Edited by BrianDavion

The problem with trying to read up on what happens in the stories vs. actually going through them, is that a story is made up of many different parts:

• The setting
  • The characters
  • Events

And so on. Whereas the Wookieepedia entries are for only a single thing (but virtually every named NPC/event/place/etc in TOR is up there). You can pick up all the story for all the classes, and everything that happens in TOR, but it's a catch 22 - to read the story on Wookieepedia, you need to already know the story so you know what articles to look up.

For instance, if you wanted to know what the Consular is doing in Chapter 3 of their story, you'd have to know to look up the Children of the Emperor; and even then, you'd have to know which ones are relevant to the Consular story, and which aren't.

The TOR wiki for a couple of classes isn't too bad (Agent's storyline article is pretty complete, IIRC), but for the most part, it hasn't been updated in literally years.