freezing xp question

Captjohnsavage

my question is i have 2 char at 55 i am trying to lvl my 3 alts to 55 then my main to 60 anyway, i have an alt that just hit 51 should i freeze the xp and grindfest makeb, illum and corellia to get some gear and comms instead of zipping thru them to 55 because i found i end up out lvling the zones to quick and don't really have the comms to re-gear or i out lvl the FP and ops before i do them. now once i built up some comms just turn xp back on does this make sense.

i have an alt that just hit 51 should i freeze the xp and grindfest makeb, illum and corellia to get some gear and comms instead of zipping thru them to 55 because i found i end up out lvling the zones to quick and don't really have the comms to re-gear or i out lvl the FP and ops before i do them. now once i built up some comms just turn xp back on does this make sense.

I am not sure I understand correctly but, you can not freeze the experience, you can however get a White acute module that will return the the X12 experience for classquests to normal.

I advice you do update your gear if you feel you need it, when you start the Revan storyline you will get good gear along the way anyway, blue gear on Rishi and later on blue 190 gear from Ziost.

Edited by Icestar

You should do what you feel is best for you. Either you can earn money through trade, doing dailies on high level characters, or whatever and use that to pay for your new gear. Or you can slow down your leveling so that you can earn your new gear as you level up.

Pick whatever you feel more comfortable with and whatever works best for you. This is not a one size fits all situation.

No, there is no way to completely "turn off" earning xp. But you can go back to any lower-level stuff you may have skipped and do it, and get basically no xp for it.

You can turn off the 12x Epic Story boost. There is an "Ancient Creature" on Fleet (near the Skill Mentor) who sells an item that you can use to toggle the 12x class mission xp boost. It costs 0 credits, and is Legacy bound, so you can just stow it in your Legacy hold, and have all your characters pick it up, use it, and drop it back in storage.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

ty for replies yea i have been putting together legacy gears lvl 37,41,45,53 and 55 and when i finish chap 3 im around 50-51 just wondering if i was missing out by zipping to 55, i finished chap3 on my alt sorc 51, but on my sniper and jugg im at 55 already and still haven't finished chap 3. i was just basically wondering if i was missing any good content by zooming to 55.

i was just basically wondering if i was missing any good content by zooming to 55.

If you have not done the content then I suggest you do it, if you already have seen the story then it is up to you how much you want to do it again. The game is meant to be fun so my advice is that you do what you feel is fun, if that means zooming as you say to 55 it is up to you :tran_smile:

Edited by Icestar

yea thats why i was wondering even though i got my jugg and sniper to 55 i nvr finished there class stories so when i finished my sorc chap 3 i noticed it was kinda continuing my story sending me to illum and makeb, and i noticed with the other 2 i missing the the hutt cartel and on to the revan story so yea i need to play through those or else im missing the full story.

yea thats why i was wondering even though i got my jugg and sniper to 55 i nvr finished there class stories so when i finished my sorc chap 3 i noticed it was kinda continuing my story sending me to illum and makeb, and i noticed with the other 2 i missing the the hutt cartel and on to the revan story so yea i need to play through those or else im missing the full story.

Then I advice you to do the class story, if you choose to do Ilum it can be a good thing aswell. Makeb is a expansion and I think you should do it with atleast one character sometime but if you already are at level 55 go for the "Forged alliance" quest instead to start the Revan expansion.

Edited by Icestar

Then I advice you to do the class story, if you choose to do Ilum it can be a good thing aswell. Makeb is a expansion and I think you should do it with atleast one character sometime but if you already are at level 55 go for the "Forged alliance" quest instead to start the Revan expansion.

And you can solo the Forged Alliance flashpoints if you do them as a preparation to the Revan expansion. You pick that up on your ship.

And you can solo the Forged Alliance flashpoints if you do them as a preparation to the Revan expansion. You pick that up on your ship.

The entire expansion and the pre quests "Forged Alliance" are soloable, it is a good thing that they care about the solo players aswell.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.