The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please Correctly Advertise Cartel Market Items

I was told in response to an in-game ticket to post this in the suggestions part of the forums, so here I am.

I bought some First Grand Decoration Packs, but two of them had Stronghold Labels instead of decorations, despite the description for the item specifically saying that it contained one "stronghold decoration." I even checked the GTN, and the labels were not listed under the Decorations category, so this is either false advertising or a horrible misunderstanding. My requests for actual decorations were ignored.

BioWare, if your packs are going to have something other than what you advertise, please don't post it. This is a suggestion box, so I suggest that you reword the description of the First Grand Decoration Pack to correctly list a Stronghold Label as a possibility.

Stronghold Labels are part of the Stronghold Decorations family of items. They always have been since the launch of the Strongholds patch.

They may be part of the same family, but they are not the same. A label is not a decoration, and saying otherwise is misleading at best and dishonest at worst. When did any EA or BioWare source say that labels are the same as decorations? If I had known that I could have possibly gotten a useless item from the pack (unless I sell it for credits), then I wouldn't have spent actual, real world money.

I feel ripped off, quite frankly. When the item description says 'decoration,' I assume they mean decoration, not 'decoration or possibly a label.' I don't think that's an unreasonable point of view.

I don't like it, but this is a suggestion thread, so I humbly suggest that BioWare do more to make this fact clear to people who tend to take things at literal face value. I remember opening Stronghold packs, and I would get a label that was not in the decoration slot. I don't know when they said that labels and decorations were the same thing, but I never heard that. This is a suggestion box, so I would like to suggest that they do more to make clear what actually might come in their packs to avoid confusion and frustration from people who don't pick up on the intricacies that they don't spell out so plainly.

I like to think that this is constructive feedback. I probably won't get my money back, but I would like BioWare to take steps to prevent this sort of frustration in the future. That isn't too much to ask, is it?

I agree as well title's do not need to be labeled as decor cause you cannot display them in your house tbh, everything labeled as decorations you can display in your house, cannot display titles at all. Edited by Theeko

Okay, then they should change it to "stronghold items" would that make you happy? Because, I'm not trying to be rude, but really you say you want to take what they say literally, well maybe that's your problem. They consider labels to be part of the stronghold decorations. It's a name for your stronghold. Jentara's Lair of Shadows. Racquel's Marketplace and Cantina. Jennica's Sanctuary. That 'decorates' my stronghold when I enter I see those name on the screen above before it goes away.