In-game image of the Eternal Emperor, Valkorion

Darth_Wicked

Im currently wearing the pvp shell and my hood is down. At work right now so cant post a screenshot but ill show it later

Removed due to the headgear you're using most likely, surely NOT down. Only the Firebrand and Kell Dragon armor sets for Knights have the hood lowered, and the former is no longer obtainable.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they have a professional model the new characters' faces, rather than the intern who did Lana. Seriously, I hope they didn't pay someone to make that.

It not the model so much that makes it bad , her model no different than the other faces in the game ... it the incredibly low-grade dilapidated texture , lack of hair transparency and lack of eyelashes , Washed out colors the texture work is poor all around and low-res .

why, because graphics are only a small part of this game.

cut scenes, quest management, inventory, grouping, NPC mechanics, and patches/updates are all bigger issues than visual effects.

Eh most of the MMO feature are not that spectacular on the SWOTOR engine... the fact is they screwed up and they owned that and admitted it...so yeah that a poor defense for the engine . It was selected originally for it ability to collectively collaborate in real time .if I remember the DEV debriefing .Team in different area can work together in real time on the same area ) This ended up becoming a curse and hindrance rather than a blessing were someone would edit an area without letting another team know ,causing major communication problems with the 300 + people they had employed .

Performance wise its pretty terrible for what it looks like . Aging games like AION run without lag and similar graphical feature to TOR and with minimal system resources and look just as good not to mention you can fly lol..something they've told us that isn't possible in the current version of the SWTOR engine ( having ships land on planets and be controllable etc ,or flying mounts) . Aion PVP centric game with a massive grind , I wouldn't want to play though and it not star wars.... , but feature wise the engine which is far older about 4 years older than tor it can do far more than TOR and they did upgrade there graphical engine in that time . When I run TOR runs like crap even on my Geforce 970 with 16 GB of Ram and 8 Core it definitely more resource intensive and it runs terrible on low end systems

They can upgrade there engine it a matter if they want to invest in the money to do it and hire enough skilled people to do it or if there some incentive outside of selling us more cartel junk.

If Tor had 40 woman/man raids or mass pvp with very little lag , could handle tons of particles without alot lagged and looked graphically like WoW, Quest builder or planet builders instances etc . I could understand the visual trade off for greater mmo functionality,...but as it stand it can barely handle 16 people in the same area without dragging the entire system to a crawl . It has none of those Super MMO feature that are touted by even crappy game like neverwinter.

Edited by OceanwaveII

Removed due to the headgear you're using most likely, surely NOT down. Only the Firebrand and Kell Dragon armor sets for Knights have the hood lowered, and the former is no longer obtainable.

You're probably right. I've never noticed what it looks like in the back so i dont know if the hood is lowered or removed completely.

Important part though is the hood is not on the head.