Jedi Seer (Healer), Help Please

VanquishedSoul

Hi, I go by Katheer in game and am on the Harbinger server. As the title suggests, I need some assistance (please).

I am currently leveling a Jedi Seer and am at a loss for what exactly I should be optimizing for my character. Gear, stats, utilities, skills, rotations, item modifications, etc.

I've been rummaging through google and these forums, but all I find are snippets of information that either aren't well articulated, are poorly explained, or no longer relevant. No offense to those people, I appreciate the help, but I'm looking for something more easily understood and explained for someone new to the game.

I'm not asking for a guide, as I am aware that Dulfy already has one, but I believe that it might be slightly outdated and I'm inclined to believe it was written for those already familiar with the nuances of the game.

All I'm asking is for some help. Tips, tricks, basics, do's and don'ts, should haves, bests and worsts, etc. Any bit of information would help. I'm just trying to learn.

Edited by VanquishedSoul

I have a couple basic rules for leveling any class in this game (excluding tanks).

Stats: Your main stat (in this case Willpower) > Power > Everything else. That's it.

Gear: Get a full set of adaptive, use a pilot suit from your mail if you have to. At level 21, update it all to level 21 mods, enhancements, armorings and lightsabre hilts through comms and/or crafting (pre 21 who cares, level naked, it's not like it's hard). Update it again at 31, update it again at 41. You will use the level 41 gear until 60.

The above works for any healer or dps. Now on to Sage/Sorc specifics.

How to level: Leveling Skills and spec you say? Don't care if you wanna heal, spec TK/Lightning, take the utility that grants 25% bonus damage to Force Storm/Force Quake. Bind every key on your keyboard to Force Storm/Quake. Target mob, roll face on keyboard. Repeat until 60.

With 12X Exp, do your class quests. That's it. when you hit 47, abandon your class quest. Don't care if it's not done, move on. Come back later if you want. Go to Makeb, do the Makeb story line. When you hit 55, do the Rishi storyline. Then do Yavin, then do Ziost. At this point you will be 60, and you should have enough comms and drops from Ziost to be fully 186/190 geared (cuz you've been saving comms since 41).

Congrats, you're SM Ops ready. Go read dulfy as a starting point for your endgame career. It's a bit out of date but not much. It's gearing and rotation and break down of skills is still relevant.

Edited by Vepyr

PS: I forgot to mention, the reason you don't update your gear after 41. When you go to Makeb, get the GSI buff. From this point on, every story line quest you do will have some means of bolstering you up to the right gear level for the content you are doing, either via GSI, or straight buffing you up and giving you a combat droid to help you out.

Yea that guide is out of date and will not be updated as the author mentions in the comments but it will work for SM content just fine. knowledge of the mechanics will help a lot more than fully optimized gear. as for skill usage, once/if you get to HM content you should have a fairly good idea of what works and what doesn't from practice doing Story modes. There are lots of posts in these forums about gear stat levels and what the soft caps are, stick to those and you will be fine.