How to Invite Another Player

Star-ranger

[

As I said, not really the point though. The real point is more like you're sitting in Mickie D's with a thingy of french fries, and some stranger comes through and nabs a few of them on the way past. In the over all scheme of the universe I'm not going to miss those fries. And considering the nutritional value of said fries, I might even be better off not eating them. That's not the point. The point is a stranger violated my personal space.

This analogy made me laugh with how absurd it is. A more appropriate analogy is that they paid for most of your meal on the way past.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This analogy made me laugh with how absurd it is. A more appropriate analogy is that they paid for most of your meal on the way past.

Yes. It was meant to be silly. Any analogy is less than precise. The point of that analogy is that when I come up on a group I sorta feel like it's my group...like my fries... of course it's a silly feeling, it's not really my group, it just feels like it. Then somebody comes in and starts messing around with it, it's annoying. There's a let down when you were expecting to finish off the group all by yourself... and a bit of resentment of the individual who initiated the 'fightus interuptus'. Silly, trivial, but there none the less.

And No. The feeling is not at all as positive as somebody paying for your meal... A closer analogy would be an obnoxious waiter who clears off your dishes before you're done eating your meal... not somebody who's going to get a big tip or a thank you in my book. Again, trivial in the overall big picture of life, but never the less annoying.

Edited by Star-ranger

Yes. It was meant to be silly. Any analogy is less than precise. The point of that analogy is that when I come up on a group I sorta feel like it's my group...like my fries... of course it's a silly feeling, it's not really my group, it just feels like it. Then somebody comes in and starts messing around with it, it's annoying. There's a let down when you were expecting to finish off the group all by yourself... and a bit of resentment of the individual who initiated the 'fightus interuptus'. Silly, trivial, but there none the less.

Fair enough.

And No. The feeling is not at all as positive as somebody paying for your meal... A closer analogy would be an obnoxious waiter who clears off your dishes before you're done eating your meal... not somebody who's going to get a big tip or a thank you in my book. Again, trivial in the overall big picture of life, but never the less annoying.

Lets agree that it's probably somewhere in between. And, yes, I get how you feel to an extent... but there are plenty of mobs to kill in this game.

Lets agree that it's probably somewhere in between. And, yes, I get how you feel to an extent... but there are plenty of mobs to kill in this game.

Rather, lets agree that each person feels the way they feel about those situations. You can feel the way you feel, I can feel the way I feel. The key thing is to understand that not everybody feels the same and to respect that.

Since there are plenty of MOBs in the game is it unreasonable to just move on when you encounter somebody fighting their own battles? Is it absolutely necessary to intervene when that 'help' may be unwelcome? It's something to think about as you play.