Wrath comparable to Exar Kun?

ChazDoit

Not necessarily a Versus thread but what do you think of Wrath beign compared to Exar Kun? When he was still an apprentice and he was on his way to Dromund Kass I believe he was refered to as "The second coming of Exar Kun" now this is not praise to throw around lightly, considering that Kun posses "unparalleled prowess in saber combat" according to the Jedi Archive records as narrated by Master Gnost Dural.

Not necessarily a Versus thread but what do you think of Wrath beign compared to Exar Kun? When he was still an apprentice and he was on his way to Dromund Kass I believe he was refered to as "The second coming of Exar Kun" now this is not praise to throw around lightly, considering that Kun posses "unparalleled prowess in saber combat" according to the Jedi Archive records as narrated by Master Gnost Dural.

That line is used sardonically. I can't remember who says it, but they don't actually think that.

It was jailer Nash on Korriban, and he was only saying the rumors people had heard about him, and even then he might have been exaggerating. It's not supposed to be a literal comparison. "People are saying you might be the greatest guy ever!" is basically what that amounted to. Edited by OldVengeance

What confuses me more than anything is how Imperial Sith even know about Exar Kun. He never made contact with the living empire, only the ancient spirits on Yavin IIII's moon.

By this time the Sith Empire has been part of the greater galaxy for at least half a century, they probably accessed several historical records from all the planets they invaded.

Not to mention that they have had spies on the senate, the jedi order and maker knows where for centuries even before they invaded, they probably fed them information.

By this time the Sith Empire has been part of the greater galaxy for at least half a century, they probably accessed several historical records from all the planets they invaded.

Not to mention that they have had spies on the senate, the jedi order and maker knows where for centuries even before they invaded, they probably fed them information.

It's 40 years as of SOR, in fact. But let's say some Sith actually even cared about Republic history, especially events that happened more than 350 years before the game's time... Why would they hold some pretender fallen Jedi in high regard? Exar Kun is not true Sith; he's a poser. And a random jailer on Korriban would never have heard of him.

No, far more likely is that it was a writing oversight.

Edited by Diviciacus

It's 40 years as of SOR, in fact. But let's say some Sith actually even cared about Republic history, especially events that happened more than 350 years before the game's time... Why would they hold some pretender fallen Jedi in high regard? Exar Kun is not true Sith; he's a poser. And a random jailer on Korriban would never have heard of him.

No, far more likely is that it was a writing oversight.

They might have found out from the mandalorians about him and Mangna Ragnoss confirmed their status as true Sith so not poser there.

They might have found out from the mandalorians about him and Mangna Ragnoss confirmed their status as true Sith so not poser there.

As far as I know the Sith Empire still reveres ancient sith like Ragnos, so if he vouched for Kun then it's understandable he gets praise.