The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bounty Holding Cell (Another Small Suggestion)

Aatrus

Hey everyone, I'm the guy who started the thread that got the ray-shields for the Bounty Holding Cell (most likely) changed from OFF by default to ON by default, and I'd just like to thank the Devs for listening to us - you guys turned a "meh" decoration into an A+ decoration.

I have another little proposition for the BHCell:

Seeing as the Cell is made for holding prisoners, its really, really difficult (basically impossible) to put Personnel or Companions in the Cell without using the "Large Standard Arrangement". The problem with this is that when using the "Large Standard Arrangement" you can't really put the BHCell against a wall and it looks really out of place when placed in the middle of a room....

Taking into consideration that the BHCell itself isn't really that large of a decoration and is barely any wider/longer than the "Floor Medium Narrow" hook, it would be fantastic if you could make it possible for the Cell to be placed on said hook so that we could easily have "prisoners" in it, using the "Floor Medium Narrow" hook as well as the "Floor Small" small hook. This is the idea I had (I did I quick photoshop job so its not the greatest, but I think you''ll get the jist of it): https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/970764e097fd3bdcba2c6e03770e1e6142c165bd84808a4b4407c950/original.jpg

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'd also like to suggest a little addition to the "Positional Adjustments" for decorations. Instead of just being able to move decorations 10 small steps in each direction, why not make it 20 for added flexibility, or even make one "step" much bigger? Even moving a decoration to it's limit BARELY changes its position.

I'm sure that 99% of players that are REALLY into the decorating strongholds would agree with me that the placement of decorations is incredibly rigid and unforgiving design-wise. Increasing the range that decorations can be moved would be fantastic and would save us tons of time while trying out new layouts.

If you look at the picture I posted you'll see that even with the hook adjustment, moving the Revanite Zealot to hook's maximum range barely moves him. It's rigid. All in all I can't see any potential drawbacks that would come with increasing the movement range of decorations - only good can from it.

I IMPLORE the Devs to take a look at both the propositions I've made. We've had Strongholds for almost a year now and I think its the perfect time to make a little improvement like this. To the best of my knowledge they wouldn't be difficult fixes and they would make decorating strongholds SO MUCH better. I hope you can do this for us!

Thank you for taking the time to read this, it means a lot to the community to know that the Devs are willing to listen to and work with us to make the game more enjoyable,

Cheers!