The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Buy Guild Strong Holds With CC

I would like the ability to buy my guild the Yavin stronghold using cc's. The strongholds have nothing to do with conquest, its just a cool place to have for your guild to hang out. I already have a guild ship for my guild but would also like to have Yavin for the guild. The steep jump from 13 million to totally unlock a personal Yavin sh compared to over 40 million for a guild one is kinda crazy. I would gladly use my CC's to just buy it for the guild. Why is this not an option. And yes I am the gm.

How i see it?

Guild ships and guild strongholds dont go if you server transfer. Now as much as people whine and stamp their feet demanding server mergers ill assume that they wont go with a merger either.

Can you imagine the *****torm if they merged servers and guilds lost their ships/strongholds that they paid CC for?

Yeah, wont happen.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

not for guilds.

and while it sounds a good idea, putting that kinda real money into a guild is asking for drama

Well I have been the GM of my guild since launch. Its my money, let me spend it the way I want.

How i see it?

Guild ships and guild strongholds dont go if you server transfer. Now as much as people whine and stamp their feet demanding server mergers ill assume that they wont go with a merger either.

Can you imagine the *****torm if they merged servers and guilds lost their ships/strongholds that they paid CC for?

Yeah, wont happen.

I am on Harbinger. Unless they have a forced server merge I won't be going anywhere. If they do a forced merger, sending us to another server against our will, they will have to give you your guild ship and strongholds on the new server. Paid for with ingame credits or cc, they would still have to replace it. I can see people complaining about losing something they paid cc for, but those same people would also complain for something they paid millions of in game credits for.

Edited by Fleurdelis

Yes please! Guildmasters really need this feature to spend Cartel Coins for guild unlocks such as guild bank tabs, Strongholds and ships.

Its our money we are not forced to pay for anything we dont want to so stop giving those stupid excuses and start supporting a new method of letting people to get this things. You wont lose anything or be forced to use this if it gets into game so why do you even care? just let us hand bioware our damn money.

Well I have been the GM of my guild since launch. Its my money, let me spend it the way I want.

I am on Harbinger. Unless they have a forced server merge I won't be going anywhere. If they do a forced merger, sending us to another server against our will, they will have to give you your guild ship and strongholds on the new server. Paid for with ingame credits or cc, they would still have to replace it. I can see people complaining about losing something they paid cc for, but those same people would also complain for something they paid millions of in game credits for.

Indeed, if the harbinger dies, a guild ship will be the least of your problems. :)

Also, people are pumping real money into guild stuff by proxy now anyway, this would only bypass that feature.

I cant see any problems at all allowing guild ship stuff to be done via CC, and was kind of shocked when they first came out and seeing that you couldn't.