Leyasu

Wookiee

Ithorian

Hutt

Jawa

Ewoks

Trandoshan

etc....

No matter what the SWTOR community is always going to ask for those iconic movie races and more to be playable in game. The community will never give up on asking for those things as long as this game is in service. Torguta was a great addition to the game and all of us players and i am sure the devs are happy it is here. The devs. did a compromise with this race that of course not everyone is happy with but it is a compromise. Torguta can not wear head slots. Of course this is not ideal but the fact that we get to be playable Torguta makes up for not being able to wear a Revan mask or any other head gear. It seems the devs. and the majority of the community would agree with that.

I am asking for a compromise on the non-humanoid races. I am suggesting that they add a disguise or costume that your character can wear that makes you appear as a non-humanoid race. The companions in this game have a great slot called "customization" it allows you to change the appearance of your companion giving the galaxy more diversity in the universe. Allowing you to make your companions your own with customization.

If players had something similar a slot that allowed them to wear a disguise. The game already has a very popular disguise that came out awhile ago called "Holoprojector Disguise". The great thing about this disguise is it ignores your armor. Whatever armor you are wearing is just covered by the Holoprojector Disguise. Also in cut-scenes you are in your regular armor. The worse part of this Holoprojector Disguise is it has a very short time limit. I have not met anyone that is in favor of the time limit on the disguise or any of the channeling effects for that matter.

A disguise or customization slot added to characters could give you a Wookiee disguise (or any other race). This would not have any effect on story. One of the reason I have heard in the past was "It would be silly to have a Wookiee in a romantic story." Agree or disagree does not matter with the fact here your character would just be wearing a costume. Same with language "Wookiee in cut scene would be roaring all the time" This would not be the case with a disguise. Also I have heard that armor would be really hard to create for all these non humanoid races. Again the Disguise slot would ignore armor and you would appear to be a Wookiee or whatever the disguise was. Just like companions customization slot several pigments for each species could be created all sold separately. The good thing about these non-humanoid species is they are basically androgynous so we would only need one basic model for each race disguise.

These different disguises could be sold on the cartel market of course. Along with variety the most important part about the disguise is it would have to not be on a channel timer and persist through death. However even those things could be unlocked with more credits or cartel coins.

Compromise

Edited by Leyasu

id like this idea.. i mean the only part of substance to many species is the facial features (at least in this game). It is already being done with the droid/cybernetic armor. I cant see how it it can be much different to implement this. Kel Dor for example.. head piece shows the face, with or without mask. Then add a glove set that shows their hands. down the line add chest pieces if someone wants to show off their kel dor abs

id like this idea.. i mean the only part of substance to many species is the facial features (at least in this game). It is already being done with the droid/cybernetic armor. I cant see how it it can be much different to implement this. Kel Dor for example.. head piece shows the face, with or without mask. Then add a glove set that shows their hands. down the line add chest pieces if someone wants to show off their kel dor abs

Yeah I agree... However Kel'Dor, Nautolans and those species that are more humanoid in nature I would like to see added in game as fully playable species.... Of course I would not be 100% opposed to them being costume/disguises but I rather see them as playable..... My real desire is for those non-humandoids to be in disguises but I will take as many races as I can get in this game anyway I can get them.

That is a really great idea! It would certainly circumvent the argument regarding conversation cutscenes and story/lore contradictions. The only problem I would foresee would be the smaller races (Jawa, Ewok) but I know it would not be impossible as there is already the Czerka crate-o-matic in game which resizes you.

I realize there would not be a lot of time to get it ready, but this would be an awesome thing to unveil during the Halloween Holiday season.

Sounds like such a cheesy idea. I hope BioWare doesn't stoop this low just to appease those players who can't accept the current criteria for playable species. I'd rather see BioWare devoting resources to implementing additional playable species instead something so "artificial". Edited by JediRelentless

fantastic idea. I mean... in agent story, there is a disguise that makes you look like a lifter droid for the duration of a quest.

so technology is definitely there, not just as holoprojector disguise. so why not have more of them, and usable at will? it would make for fun toys.

That is a really great idea! It would certainly circumvent the argument regarding conversation cutscenes and story/lore contradictions. The only problem I would foresee would be the smaller races (Jawa, Ewok) but I know it would not be impossible as there is already the Czerka crate-o-matic in game which resizes you.

I realize there would not be a lot of time to get it ready, but this would be an awesome thing to unveil during the Halloween Holiday season.

Halloween would be the perfect time to release such an idea you are absolutely right. I would rather see it as more permanent part of the cartel market for sure but that would be a great time to release a concept like this. I also agree with you on the resize thing it can be done for sure.

fantastic idea. I mean... in agent story, there is a disguise that makes you look like a lifter droid for the duration of a quest.

so technology is definitely there, not just as holoprojector disguise. so why not have more of them, and usable at will? it would make for fun toys.

I was not aware I have not played that story all the way through. i will have to look into that.