Any ideas to help me get to level 60? (fast and the least amount of grinding please)

Esbia

Wow, that's incredible.

I start Makeb at 47 and usually end up being 55 before starting Descent into the Core (can't recall if that's Imperial story side or pub side).

I have never made it to the end of the storyline without hitting the magic mark.

Maybe I have to stop waxing all the npcs.

When I do Makeb, nothing lives if I can help it. LOL

Oricon is just a way to get 156 gear and czerka is a bad rerun that doesn't get removed from the tv schedule.

Same, but I think the key difference is using xp boosts or guild xp, or otherwise finagling the xp system so you do. I'll say it again, if you don't use any xp boosts that are given free during your leveling, aren't in a guild, or using the legacy xp boosts and follow the story strictly and finish SoR within 1 mil xp of 60, it seems exactly what it should be.

this topic is sad seeing that this game has no grind at all, do you want them to just hand you a 60 without doing anything at all, oh wait...

I find repeatedly doing dailies grinding. You may not find that to be a grind but I do. Seeing as I completed the entire main quest line of SOR, I've clearly done nothing. The xp progression is grindy if you have to deviate from the main quest line to 'grind' extra xp. I don't want to do dailies, I have to do dailies because there isn't enough xp around. That isn't fun, and at the end of the day I play video games to have fun. None of this would even be a problem if the minimum level for Ziost wasn't 60. I could easily have reached 60 and continued the story there...

I hit 60 well before the end, considering I haven't finished Rishi yet. I hadn't even finished Makeb. But, you don't want to do 'grindy' things in an MMO, that's where you falter. What you should do is the dailies, you can generally get about 3/4 from just a couple of daily areas, you would only need to do it the one time too, since you are so close. The extra comms is why I did them. But, it does give you more XP than you think it does. Think about this, just the GSI dailies with the weekly tacked on will get you over 1/3 of that 1 million. It's probably the longest daily chain you could do. The others are much faster, they will also provide extra credits, comms and XP and can be done in about half an hour. That does not sound all that grindy to me, two hours of dailies to get finished, or you could try just going out and killing things, that would be so much more fun.

Perhaps go back and hit all the missions you didn't do on Rishi? If you only did the main story missions you skipped a ton of missions, some of which are easy xp (the pirate daily near the start takes like 2 minutes at most). Had you done them with the story they would have been done in sync as the objectives are all very close to where you need to be for the story missions instead of getting spread out all over the place, going back and doing them now will just take that convenience away though so not too much harm done.

If not that then run some flashpoints through group finder, do the story on Oricon if you haven't already, hit CZ for a quick run of the weekly if you haven't done those yet (at which point it wouldn't be grindy since you're not repeating the missions). Make sure you have xp boost on for all of this and you shouldn't have too hard of a time getting to 60.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

Perhaps go back and hit all the missions you didn't do on Rishi? If you only did the main story missions you skipped a ton of missions, some of which are easy xp (the pirate daily near the start take like 2 minutes at most). Had you done them with the story they would have been done in sync as the objectives are all very close to where you need to be for the story missions instead of getting spread out all over the place, going back and doing them now will just take that convenience away though so not too much harm done.

If not that then run some flashpoints through group finder, do the story on Oricon if you haven't already, hit CZ for a quick run of the weekly if you haven't done those yet (at which point it wouldn't be grindy since you're not repeating the missions). Make sure you have xp boost on for all of this and you shouldn't have too hard of a time getting to 60.

Cool thanks for the advice man, will do those. Still in Oricon doing story atm.

...Seeing as I completed the entire main quest line of SOR...

You should have done every single quest on rishi once. That's over I believe 20 quests. It's surprisingly easy to miss some of them too.

I hit 60 when SoR first launched before finishing Yavin, with no xp items. If you didn't get it, you missed stuff.

Oh Grandpa, tell us again about the old days when you would grind mobs for days on end...in the snow...uphill...both ways.

Mock if you will, but there is ZERO grind in this game, because grinding just is not an efficient way to level up, all the XP is in the quests.

At launch you did your class story, planet arcs and anything else you found along the way, if you included FP's and WZ's you were 50 before you left Voss without grinding a single mob or repeating a quest.

Now you do 1-55 in a day (2 if pacing yourself) doing nothing but convos and killing a couple of silvers/golds and whatever mobs you cant avoid and maybe another day to do SoR solo intro (which will get you easily to 57/58 if boosted) and then Rishi/Yavin once again, without ever repeating a quest and in most cases completely skipping Belsavis bonus area, Ilum, Section X, Makeb, CZ and Oricon.

This is the very antithesis of grind.

Oh Grandpa, tell us again about the old days when you would grind mobs for days on end...in the snow...uphill...both ways.

Son, you do not know what it was like to kill orc and rat after orc and rat for hour upon hour outside the west gate of Freeport.

Edited by Frybert

You should have done every single quest on rishi once. That's over I believe 20 quests. It's surprisingly easy to miss some of them too.

I hit 60 when SoR first launched before finishing Yavin, with no xp items. If you didn't get it, you missed stuff.

Yeah but I'm comparing SOR to what came before which was always well written enjoyable story quests (thanks to the 12X xp boost). I didn't particularly want to fetch 10 rat hides or kill 5 imperial troopers for some random quest text because I personally find that boring. So when I compare SOR to pre 55 levelling it isn't as 'balanced' for me unfortunately.

This isn't to say I want everything handed to me a on a plate or want everything quickly. Just completely get rid of all of the ******** boring side quests and dailies and give me a much longer story to play. Instead of 10 story missions, give me 20 or more. That's my point. I don't want to do less, I want to do more of what I like...

Yeah but I'm comparing SOR to what came before which was always well written enjoyable story quests (thanks to the 12X xp boost). I didn't particularly want to fetch 10 rat hides or kill 5 imperial troopers for some random quest text because I personally find that boring. So when I compare SOR to pre 55 levelling it isn't as 'balanced' for me unfortunately.

This isn't to say I want everything handed to me a on a plate or want everything quickly. Just completely get rid of all of the ******** boring side quests and dailies and give me a much longer story to play. Instead of 10 story missions, give me 20 or more. That's my point. I don't want to do less, I want to do more of what I like...

The side quests are related to the main story though, so they did do that, you just didn't do them.

The side quests are related to the main story though, so they did do that, you just didn't do them.

Not really though. I did play at launch and most of them were just well disguised 'fetch 10 rat hide' quests. Usually each planet had a general theme which the side quests would work with, but they were all pretty generic and boring quests imo. You can do your entire Main story quests without touching a single side quest and it would still be a great story (better in fact imo because it doesn't feel padded). At least pre 55 side quests had voice acting though, the ones in SOR don't even have that.

Edited by Esbia

Not really though. I did play at launch and most of them were just well disguised 'fetch 10 rat hide' quests. Usually each planet had a general theme which the side quests would work off but they were all pretty generic and boring quests imo. You can do your entire Main story quests without touching a single side quest and it would still be a great story (better in fact imo because it doesn't feel padded). At least pre 55l side quests had voice acting though, the ones in SOR don't even have that.

I was merely referring to the post 55 quests. The early stuff wasn't designed as well as the newer side quests, they really are just filler for the most part. Some old quests are still interesting and I do them on new characters, but a lot of them I skip.

I was merely referring to the post 55 quests. The early stuff wasn't designed as well as the newer side quests, they really are just filler for the most part. Some old quests are still interesting and I do them on new characters, but a lot of them I skip.

Yeah but the post 55 stuff doesn't even have voice acted scenes. The only side quest which I did do in SOR was my class story quest which I absolutely loved. That was voice acted and there was a really good reason for me doing menial tasks in that one.

Yeah but the post 55 stuff doesn't even have voice acted scenes. The only side quest which I did do in SOR was my class story quest which I absolutely loved. That was voice acted and there was a really good reason for me doing menial tasks in that one.

I liked some of the side quests, and since I was there, it made sense to do them. Someone was asking if I could find stuff for them as I was headed that way, so yeah, I helped. Didn't really need more than the thanks I got when I came back with what they wanted.

Oh the days of SWG ... that whole game was nothing but one gigantic grind after another.

Miss the hell out of the crafting system they had in place though.

But I digress ...

To be honest, I got nothing that other people haven't already suggested. It is a pity you have to be 60 to do Ziost. The place is probably a mad house of potential XP and the dailies there are silly, stupid, quick, and easy. And you can count of one hand the number of mobs you might have to kill for them all.

I wish the place was 59, but that would make the gear progression go strait to hell prior to the expansion. Be 59 with level 190 gear you couldn't even use yet.

I've hit 60 across four different toons before leaving rishi. Keep a constant 25% boost, 10% guild boost, plus 30% legacy boost topped with 30% exploration as well. Go classic, illum, straight into shadow of Revan. Never even touch makeb.

If you start SOR at 55 and already di the flashpoints, even with the side missions you are likely to end up half a level short of 60. It happened to me. If you do the solo FPs and all the side missions, getting to 60 with SoR is easy. I usually get there less than halfway through Yavin.

So I've just finished the Shadow of Revan questline and I'm still level 59 :(. Unfortunately the SOR content isn't as quick to get through as the main story quests with 12X xp it seems. Anyways, I'm someone who absolutely hates grind and it's the main reason I left this game in the first place; is there any way I can quickly get to 60 without repeating dailies or flashpoint 5 million times? Anything more story related I'm willing to do but I'm probably either too high level to get xp for it, or have already done it.

Given that you hate grind, what are you planning to do when you hit 60?

One level to go...suck it up, stop posting here. Log in and as soon as you know it you'll hit 60. Seriously, you've come this far...the time wasted to post about here is time wasted to get XP..

Errr I think you missed my post above, I hit 60 like last night. I was posting while I was levelling, THAT'S how bored I was.